BCF2000 multi preset and encoder configuration

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

Dojec
Experienced Forumor

BCF2000 multi preset and encoder configuration

Post by Dojec »

Hi,
I have troubles configuring the BCF2000 descently.

If you check the BCF2000, then the buttons and faders take about 100 midi channels.
But ... first of all , the encoder group in the upper right corner doesn't work. Normally each turn/push button on the upper row should have the possibiliy to have 4 functions according to which of the 4 encoder buttons is selected. They also have different midi channels according to which encoder button is selected. But it doesn't work. Also when I check the settings onscreen, then it displays no link.

A second thing is that this BCF2000 should have 32 presets. So it should be possible to have 32 times the possibility to program the things above.
But too bad that the preset buttons aren't recognised appearantly. This seriously limits the possibilities.

I also don't understand the console builder that well to try to find a sollution myself.

To summarise:
The encoder buttons of the BCF2000 aren't detected.
Is there a possibility to recognise the different presets?

Regards,
Walter
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: BCF2000 multi preset and encoder configuration

Post by simonB »

Hi Walter

The encoder groups should work correctly. Make sure that the dials have been learnt correctly and they are not listening to the same midi message.

To learn a command, right click it, go to setup and enter a midi messages manually or click auto learn. You can learn all commands one after another by selecting the small arrow in the top right of the window and selecting "learn midi console preset"

If you want to take advantage of the presets, then you need to create a new console for each preset and map your MIDI messages accordingly. To create a new preset, right click the tab at the bottom of the window and select "new". You can map a button on the BCF to change the preset view in suite 2 9all presets are always active regardless of which one is in view), however note that the BCF preset buttons do not send out a MIDI message. This is why it is not possible to map anything to them on the console.
Simon
--
Sales/Support