Move several fixtures simultaneously

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

Lex999

Move several fixtures simultaneously

Post by Lex999 »

I'm rather new to Sunlite Suite 2 and I'd like to ask whether it is possible to move several fixtures simultaneously in real-time with the mouse. I tried to do so with an X/Y window, but this seems to work only with one fixture after the other.
A follow spot function like in Suite 1 is not available either, is it?

Thanks for your answers.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Move several fixtures simultaneously

Post by simonB »

In the future we will see about adding the feature to move all fixtures at the same time within the fixture window.

For now, you could make a new button with the dimmer min/max property assigned to all fixtures XY channels, then add a live dimmer fader to the button.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
Kiike
New Forumor

Re: Move several fixtures simultaneously

Post by Kiike »

I think that feature would be great. Even better, moving the fixtures in real-time with the arrow keys, in edit window or against selected fixtures from the fixtures page. That would be wonderful when the singer steps aside for a while, or moves forward to the spectators.
For example ALT+Arrow keys to move selected fixtures, in relative mode, that is, moving step by step, preserving the spacing.
I had this feature in a very cheap console i was using, an SGM Studio 24. It had a joystick which would send absolute x-y coords, while the arrow keys would increase or decrease the x-y dmx values, one by one. That was really handy :).