Question: How to refresh Fixturefile in Suite2

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

Tschosef
Experienced Forumor

Question: How to refresh Fixturefile in Suite2

Post by Tschosef »

Hello,

i have 2 Questions:

first: i created a Fixture by using Scan Library Editor. With the simulation i created some Switches on the MasterPage for all devices. At first Gig i recogniced, the Fixture File of a Scanner is wrong (Wrong Values for the PrismaWeehl).

I know how to change the Fixture File, but what should i do to refresh the Fixturefile and Makros in the Sunlite Suite?

second: How could i change the Patch of some devices. Example: i use a 6ch Dimmer. But only 3 of the Dimmerchannels are in use. Now the ElektrikMan conected the wrong outputs of the 6ch dimmer... but the channels i used, are fix between other devices. Because this, i want to change the Channel Patch of the Pages in Sunlite Suite.... Where could i do this?

best regards
Erich
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Question: How to refresh Fixturefile in Suite2

Post by simonB »

Hi Erich

It is not possible to refresh the profile, you must remove and re-patch the fixture within the page settings. You will see a message "do you want to automatically update the pre-programmed buttons". Click Yes.

Any scenes and switches you have programmed yourself will need to be manually updated.

The patch can be changed within page settings->output. There are 2 ways to do it:
-Re-patch the fixture by clicking the small fixture icon in the top right
-Re-route the channel by left clicking the channel. See here: http://www.nicolaudie.com/online_manual ... gY7Js2.htm
Simon
--
Sales/Support
Tschosef
Experienced Forumor

Post by Tschosef »

Hello Simon,

thanks for reply.

1) refresh Fixture... What is with the Device Groups, Fixture Orders ...... ? will they work, or will i have to make them new?

2) Changing Patch of a channel: i found already this function... but i had some trouble. I already wrote this to Gernot, he will contact you :-)
Note:
may be, there should be changed some things in Software: after changing the Pach....the software is still displaying the old DMX Numbers. Also if i want to ad a new Page, the manually Patched Channels are possible to be selected. May be this will cause trouble, if a user forgot his patchchaning. Also the print of the Channel Patch is wrong, after using the advanced patching :-) so if i will have to ad some devices in 3 years, may be this will cause frustration :-)

best regards
Erich
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

What is with the Device Groups, Fixture Orders ...... ?
This is to do with the order the software looks at the fixtures when applying EasyTime effects and phasing. It does not alter the patch.

Thanks for your comments about the advanced patching. For the print Channel patch we must change this. For the page patch we'll puit a warning.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
Tschosef
Experienced Forumor

Post by Tschosef »

Hello Simon,

a next tip: If using EasyView in Automatic Patch mode, the lamps will not see the patch change, so they will not react on DMX Values from the new channels :-)
The only way to fix this is, to use manual patch mode and change the channels by drag and drop

best Greez
Erich