Saving program to memory card (without a controller)

Forum support for ESA Pro 2.0 (Legacy)

Moderators: simonB, nick, TomHat, florent, Ben

Savage

Saving program to memory card (without a controller)

Post by Savage »

Hello,

I have been using both ESA Pro and ESA Pro 2 for several years and I have never come up with a satisfying solution for the following.

I have customers who would like changes to their scenes which require a change in the ESA Pro programs. Once complete, I would like to be able to write this data to a memory card and mail it to the customer for them to have a plug and play solution on their side with the controller.

Using ESA Pro in the past, I was (sometimes with varying success) able to write the file to computer, drag the folder created "Scene1" onto the memory card and that would SOMETIMES work.

I now have a customer with a DE3 controller and the program written on my computer. Using ESA Pro 2, am I able to select the controller from the menu, add the scenes, write to memory and then drop the folder onto the memory card and send it to the customer for them to simply plug it in and use?

I do not have a DE3 controller to use as a test so I cannot verify myself whether this would work.

Can you please let me know if this would work? I would rather not have to drive 9 hours each way to this customer for a 5 minute job to upload this small change.
TomHat
Experienced Forumor

Re: Saving program to memory card (without a controller)

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

It would work, indeed. You can write your show for a "virtual" DE3 and drag your "show1" folder onto the SD card.

Regards,
TomHat
--
ESA Pro 2 Support

Mail : [email protected]