Remarks & issues 16 feb 2012

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

Dojec
Experienced Forumor

Remarks & issues 16 feb 2012

Post by Dojec »

- Is there a way to have an automatic save? After editing xx scenes the software crashed and all my work was gone, an automatic temporary save would limit the frustration.

- I work with an external console Behringer BFC2000. I programmed the gobo and color wheel selection of a moving head to one of the turning knobs ( range 0 - A = gobo1, range A - B = gobo2 ,..... ). But now if I turn this knob too fast then the moving head resets to an initial position, dimmer of, gobo resetted, color resetted.... . If I turn the knob slowly, then everything is selected as it should be. So it seems that the software can't handle too much info to process in this release?

- If you compress switches or scenes to an external window list, and you would rename one of the buttons afterwards in this list, I get an error "encounter an improper argument".

- If you have a lot of buttons compressed as external list, this list is bigger then the height of your screen, and you can't scroll or make the list wider. So this is not usuable in this case.

- If you edit values in the console editor, you copy one of the lines already created before, and paste it , then it would be handier if the pasted line got the focus, so you immediatly can edit this line. In current release when pasting, the editor jumps to the upper line, so you have to scroll yourself down again every time.

- For editing in the console editor, it would be handy to also select compression names. I.e. scene1 A, scene1 B, Scene1 C,.... it would be handy if you can select a function Scene1 and not always everything seperate.

- Is it possible to make a button to switch the sync between music enabled and predefined speed?
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Remarks & issues 16 feb 2012

Post by simonB »

- Is there a way to have an automatic save? After editing xx scenes the software crashed and all my work was gone, an automatic temporary save would limit the frustration.
Everything is saved as you go along. If the software crashes, nothing should be lost except for any modification to the scene which was being edited at the time the software crashed.
if I turn this knob too fast then the moving head resets to an initial position
Does it do this in the 3D visualiser? If not it is a problem with your lighting fixture. If it does, send me a stripped down small example of this as a showfile and I'll have a look.
- If you compress switches or scenes to an external window list, and you would rename one of the buttons afterwards in this list, I get an error "encounter an improper argument".
I'll check this
- If you have a lot of buttons compressed as external list, this list is bigger then the height of your screen, and you can't scroll or make the list wider. So this is not usuable in this case.
I'll check this
If you edit values in the console editor, you copy one of the lines already created before, and paste it
We'll change this
For editing in the console editor, it would be handy to also select compression names.
This would be useful, we'll see about adding it in the future
- Is it possible to make a button to switch the sync between music enabled and predefined speed?
At the moment no but it is on our to do list for the future

thanks for the comments
Simon
--
Sales/Support
Dojec
Experienced Forumor

Re: Remarks & issues 16 feb 2012

Post by Dojec »

Just have send you the mail with the show file.
Regards.