New feature request if possible.

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

Geerinckx
Junior Forumor

New feature request if possible.

Post by Geerinckx »

Hi all,

Thx for the flash mode midi buttons in the latest release, spares me allot of time programming.
I have still some request, if possible...

Speed, fase, size, dimmer dials for a button compression.
maybe if its possible to get a master speed, size,... dial for a compression off buttons
Now i have to link every speed button of every pan tilt scene/button to the same midi dial
Whene i have a master speed of thad compression it would make programming allot faster for me.

Miss some basic commands for easy step.
In live situation, i have a chase running in easy step.
Step 1: Led par goes blue.
Step 2 Led par goes red.
Steps are Bpm sync't and follow's the beat off the music.
The Dj does something, and i wonne pause the chase for 8 beats are someting like thad...
I can do it with Cycles, but then i have to make for every step a button, thads way to much time consuming.
So I Request if possible:
* Live pause a running easy step chase
* If paused manually go to the next step
* Get back in play mode
* Posebillity to chose instead of every 1 beat next step, every 2 / 4 / 8 beat steps

* and maybe the same options for easy time.

What do you think?

Manny greeting for a fine piece of software you guy's make

Gert
Don't dream your life but live your dreams!
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: New feature request if possible.

Post by simonB »

Hi Gert
maybe if its possible to get a master speed, size,... dial for a compression off buttons
Yes this would be useful, I'll put it on the todo list for the future
Live pause a running easy step chase
Already on the todo list
If paused manually go to the next step
This is the job of a cycle. It is not possible to control in live the programming which is stored inside a button
Posebillity to chose instead of every 1 beat next step, every 2 / 4 / 8 beat steps
A function to enable/disable BPM in live will be implemented in the future
Simon
--
Sales/Support
Geerinckx
Junior Forumor

Post by Geerinckx »

Hi Simon

Thx for the quick reply. but:
If paused manually go to the next step
This is the job of a cycle. It is not possible to control in live the programming which is stored inside a button
A cycle only can control already build buttons or scene's.
But what if you have to follow a musical with different queues (making a button for every queue is very time consuming, making a step is much easier)
But what if you have a chase running thad shuts all left moving heads and next step all right moving heads sync to Bpm.
On a music brake i wanna pause and go manually every step.
Or just a chase of 4 par64, if i have to make for every par-on a button, chase it in a cycle to have a "pause" feature or a "go next step" feature??

Simon i hope you understand the difficulties Thad i have.
To be honest, I never use cycles in live situation because the to much program effort.

Greetings

Gert

PS: Whats al new in the 31 oct version?
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Post by RichterMC »

Hi Gert, Hi Simon,

interesting topic.

Maybe it´s easy to have a pause and "go to next step" features for "Easy Step" and "Easy Time" buttons with BPM triggering enabled .
You just need to disable the triggering from the Sound to Light window coming from Audio-Analysis, MIDI-Clock or Internal timer and have a Tap button to
send this triggers one by one manualy to Suite 2.
The new tap button shound be MIDI and keyboard assignable.
This way it would be easily possible to stop all BPM triggered buttons ("Easy Step" and "Easy Time") and trigger them manualy if needed.
What do you think ? I like the idea.
To be honest, I never use cycles in live situation because the to much program effort.
I don´t get your point about program effort with cycles . You have to program every step in Easy Step as well.
You have to make more buttons when you´re working with cycles for sure.
But there´s a great advantage, you can use the buttons in many different cyles and arrange them in different ways.
There are other things why I don´t like to use cycles for this kind of application.

- No speed adjustment for cycles
- No possible to trigger "Go to next button" with BPM triggering
- Only one cylce per page
- Cycles stop running scenes

Some of this features are already on the todo list , maybe the others could be added ?

Best,

Gernot
Geerinckx
Junior Forumor

Post by Geerinckx »

Hi all, Hi Gernot,
Maybe it´s easy to have a pause and "go to next step" features for "Easy Step" and "Easy Time" buttons with BPM triggering enabled .
You just need to disable the triggering from the Sound to Light window coming from Audio-Analysis, MIDI-Clock or Internal timer and have a Tap button to
send this triggers one by one manually to Suite 2.
The new tap button shound be MIDI and keyboard assignable.
This way it would be easily possible to stop all BPM triggered buttons ("Easy Step" and "Easy Time") and trigger them manually if needed.
In this case you stop every Bpm active triggered Easy Step/Time sequence at once. It would be nice, but the possibility to stop them independent would be great :-)

Greeting

Gert
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Post by RichterMC »

Hi Gert,
In this case you stop every Bpm active triggered Easy Step/Time sequence at once.
Yes, that´s true.
It would be nice, but the possibility to stop them independent would be great :-)
Yes, would be nice to have this, maybe my global solution could be a frist step and the independent the next ?

Let´s wait and hear what simon has to say.

Best,

Gernot