Consoles

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

Mikey851
New Forumor

Consoles

Post by Mikey851 »

Before I choose a midi controller I wanted to clarify something; can you only use the controllers that are listed in the console window? Also; I asked this in another thread but thought i'd repeat it here. Are you able to use midi controllers as flash buttons?

Our show relies on my ability to cue to moving head and laser patterns while my partner controls the strobes and on/off green lasers live. He has to have the ability to use certain keys or buttons to flash the strobes etc.

Edit: Nevermind I found in the manual that you can use pretty much any midi controller; I just didn't see how to add one in the console editor. I also saw that there is a midi setting which says "flash" true or false. This leads me to believe you can flash with the midi controller.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Consoles

Post by simonB »

Hi

Yes you can use any MIDI controller. See the console tutorial at http://www.nicolaudie.com/nicolaudietv for more information on building your own console. Save the console in the console directory with the other files and it will be automatically added to the console list in Suite 2.

Flash buttons are not currently possible but will probably be in the next release
Simon
--
Sales/Support