Stick Installation and Utilization Guide

User based support for the Sunlite Touch Sensitive Intelligent Control Keypad

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, Ben

rayshepherd

Stick Installation and Utilization Guide

Post by rayshepherd »

Hello Team,

First of all, congratulations for this great STICK product.

Please find my inquiries below:
1- Is there any DETAILED document explaining the capabilities of the STICK product in details? (Like a User/Installation guide or smthg like that)?
2- I need to understand what are the capabilities of the STICK in term of ports and connections (besides the DMX and Ethernet/RS232). I copuld read in the forum that up to 8 (or 12?) port switches can be connected. This wasn't clear in any other documentation.
3- Since the STICK is designed for architectural/"home" DMX lighting, I need to stress on an important point (which has been raised before by other members):
It is still not clear to me how scenes can be activated in different rooms without being obliged to install a STICK in every room (due to its expensive price) and without having to run to the main STICK everytime I need to light a new room. Will it be through push buttons connected to P1..P8? Any other alternative solution?

I am asking all the above in order to know how to install the required wiring for my project without missing anything and being able to exploit the STICK capabilities to the maximum.

Please advice and thanks a lot in advance.

Ray Shepherd
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Stick Installation and Utilization Guide

Post by simonB »

Hi Ray
1- Is there any DETAILED document explaining the capabilities of the STICK product in details? (Like a User/Installation guide or smthg like that)?
Yes
Manuals: http://www.dmxsoft.com/manuals/index.php?affman=45
Video tutorials: http://www.nicolaudie.com/nicolaudietv/ ... /stick');"
Datasheet:http://www.dmxsoft.com/global/ftp/stick1_datasheet.pdf
2-I copuld read in the forum that up to 8 (or 12?) port switches can be connected. This wasn't clear in any other documentation.
The STICK has 8 ports, 4 of which are available on the large connector block, the other 4 either on the ethernet addon or connecting directly inside the black connector blocks on the board.
You can connect 8 switches to the ports or combine the ports in binary to use up to 255 switches.
See the documentation for more info.
It is still not clear to me how scenes can be activated in different rooms without being obliged to install a STICK in every room
At the moment you have 4 options
1. Install a STICK in each room..yes it is expensive but if you have advanced lighting in each room and DMX drivers in each room, it's not going to make much of a difference to the final cost
2. Install 1 STICK and use the 8 dry contact ports to wire in switches
3. Connect the STICK to a currently installed RS232 system
4. Connect the STICK to a local network and use your iPhone, Android or Windows Mobile applications or create you own device which can communicate over ethernet (I can send you a list of the STICK ethernet protocol commands)
In the future, we plan to integrate the new cheaper STICK 2 product with the STICK over a local network, this will provide a cheaper wireless solution.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Simon
--
Sales/Support
datmanchris

Post by datmanchris »

Hi Simon,
Please can you send me the Stick Protocol Ethernet Commands as I have a job where they would be really useful.

Many thanks
Chris
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Hi Chris
Specs attached
Attachments
Stick Remote Protocol.pdf
(57.79 KiB) Downloaded 819 times
Simon