simple cinema controller

The lighting control software designed for easy basic applications.

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

Larry Shaw

simple cinema controller

Post by Larry Shaw »

I am looking for a very simple control that will do 2 things:

A. with a contact closure send a DMX up signal to several dimmers
B. with a contact closure send a DMX down signal to several dimmers

This is for use in cinemas so a simple cinema projector automation control can turn on some existing DMX contrilled dimmers to act as curtian wash during intermissions. The dry contact is a momentary up or down pulse.

Each box would work without a computer.

I presume I would need one set of software, and one of your DMX boxes for each cinema, but I can't figure out which models I would need.

Thanks,
Larry

Post by Guest »

Our Easy Stand Alone software is the right product to do that. It includes the stand alone USB-DMX interface. You can send an email to [email protected] for any question regarding the price.
Larry Shaw

Now I have it, but it doesn't work.

Post by Larry Shaw »

Bonjour,

So I have purchased from you a SLESA package (unfortunately, although I requested the 5-pin XLR and a 10 pin port plug, I got neither).

I have set up a page with 1 dimmer active and set so when I click on your file "INIT" the dimmer goes to 0% and when I click on a file I made "Intermission" the dimmer goes to 100%. All this is good.

What I need to do (as described in my May 19 email) is contril this with contact closures, 1 for "INIT" and 1 for "Intermission". I have gone to the "settings>button settings>trigger" window for each file, ticked the "input ports" boxes, and set them as follows:

INIT...................3.....Box1.....Port1
Intermission.......4.....Box1.....Port2

I have the USB/DMX interface connected and see solid yellow, fast blinking red and very slow blinking green LED's. I have made a cable that provides connections to pins 2 (common), 9 (Port 1), and 8 (Port 2) on the 10 pin connector. When I connect pin 2 to pin 8 or 9 nothing happens. I thought this would switch between "INIT" and "Intermission". What have I done wrong?

Merci,
Larry Shaw

Post by Guest »

Hello,

You have purchased a SLESA package and you are trying to control it with Sunlite software. It is impossible. Sunlite doesn't recognize SLESA interfaces. You must use Easy Stand Alone software to control your lights with your interface.

Regarding the 5-pin XLR and the 10-pin plug, We do apologies for the mistake.
Larry Shaw

Post by Larry Shaw »

OK, now it works!
May I suggest that either you do not include the Sunlite software on the CD, or at least make a note on the download (Main Menu) page of the CD such as: "This software will not work with the USB/DMX interface; use the Easy Stand Alone software".
When I ran the CD I saw the first listed and newest software and thought that must be the one to download. That was the beginning of my trouble.
Thanks,
Larry
Larry Shaw

Post by Larry Shaw »

I have programmed a very simple 2 scene show which works properly when activated from the 10-pin connector and viewed on the "User" tab. I then wrote the data into the DMX/USB box. Now, when I switch from scene 1 to scene 2 with the 10-pin connector, should I see the faders on the "Stand Alone" tab move? They do nothing.

I have no DMX dimmers or fixtures connected, there are none where I am working with this.

Thanks,
Larry

Post by Guest »

Your interface is probabbly in stand alone mode. There is no more communication with the software in this mode.