ESA v03/2008 freezes with USB Device

The lighting control software designed for easy basic applications.

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

dan.djt

ESA v03/2008 freezes with USB Device

Post by dan.djt »

Hi,

I purchased the DXPACK01 from www.dmxsoft.com quite a while ago, and have been using it with Easy Stand Alone with ease. Today I upgraded to the latest version of Easy Stand Alone (March 2008), which seems to have made things worse for me.

The software opens up fine in Demo mode, and having had a little play with it, I like the new features, and can't wait to use it properly. However, it will not run correctly in USB-DMX mode. I can press all the buttons, and they react, but nothing sticks. For example. I can click and drag a fixture into position for the patching, but as soon as i grab something else, and drag it, it loses the first item. Even the first fixture doesn't even stick into position. So I can't even work with 1 fixture, let alone the 9 I wanted to use.

I tried opening a show that I created in the older version, and again, it loads fine in Demo mode, but won't in USB-DMX mode.

I decided I'd just go back to the old version, however, I find myself without the installation file - Grrrr.....
So, any help with the problem of the latest version? because I'd prefer to use this one. Or, worst case, anyone know where I can get the installation file of the older 2007 version?

Many Thanks,
Dan
bruno.falip
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by bruno.falip »

You must download this program to upgrade your interface with the latest firmware.

http://www.dmxsoft.com/global/ftp/siudi6_firmware.exe
dan.djt

Post by dan.djt »

Thanks very much! I will try this today!
dan.djt

Post by dan.djt »

Works a treat! Haven't tested it with lights yet - but no reason to expect it wouldn't work. Software now works fine with device connected.

Thanks very much! Your help is much appreciated!