Program load question

The lighting control software designed for easy basic applications.

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

chunter2

Program load question

Post by chunter2 »

We've got a slesa-ip1 running with easy stand alone. When we enter the program it seems to auto load a scene. Is there a way to start the program without changing the state of the lights? Also when we close the program the lights dim and then come back up to the last scene that was running in easy stand alone. Is there a way to leave them in the last state without dimming them?

Thanks
bruno.falip
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by bruno.falip »

There are 2 modes: stand alone and live. When the interfaces turns to stand alone mode it starts the stand alone show. There is nothing to do to avoid that and this is the same when you start the software with the interface connected, the stand alone show is stopped.
chunter2

Post by chunter2 »

Could I make the first scene in both the stand alone and the live the same so that I don't get the "flash" or just the act of loading a new show causes the "flash"?
bruno.falip
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by bruno.falip »

When you load the software, it loads the setup screen so it is not possible. Plus, it takes a few seconds to start the stand alone mode so no way to not have a little flash. But the interest of the product is to program a show and load it to the interface. There is no reason to start, close, open...
chunter2

Post by chunter2 »

Maybe we're using the program the wrong way then. Right now we have the first scene as house off and the second scene as house on. We have the breakout jumper on the box wired to a couple toggle switches in the room. For the show we start Easy Stand Alone and just click on the scenes from there since we don't have toggle switches wired for the rest of the scenes and we can't get to the buttons on the box itself since it's in another room. How should we be changing scenes during a show? When we finish we log out of the computer which closes Easy Stand Alone and causes the lights to dim.

Thanks for the help.
Robby

Post by Robby »

Hello chunter2,

If I understand correctly, you want to:
1. use the Easy Stand Alone software during live performances
2. leave the interface running in stand alone mode after live performances
3. have a smooth transition between live-standalone-live

I think if you create a show like the following, you could make it work:
Scene 1 - house lights in stand alone mode
Scene 2 - house lights off
Scene 3, Scene 4, Scene 5... live performance scenes

Use this same program for live performances and stand alone memory... before you close the Easy Stand Alone software after every live performance, make sure you select Scene 1 inside the software... the moment the interface loses communication with the software, it will automatically go into stand alone mode and play Scene 1.

If you're lucky, your lighting fixtures will keep the same DMX values during that live - stand alone transition, making it look smooth.

To have a smooth transition from stand alone to live, what you need to do is select:
- START AUTOMATICALLY WITH THE LAST SAVED SHOW (File menu)

If you do this, when you open the software you will start with your show already loaded and already playing SCENE1...

Again, if you're lucky, your lighting fixtures will keep the same DMX values and make the transition look smooth.

If this is not the case, there is nothing in our software or interfaces to fix your problem... perhaps you can try adding to your installation a DMX merger or DMX splitter that "keeps the latest DMX value when DMX signal is lost". I don't know of any specific brands or models with this capability, but I imagine they are available.

Let me know if you have any further questions.
Good luck!
Roberto Malvaez
Nicolaudie America
chunter2

Post by chunter2 »

Looks like I'm not lucky. This is what I tried. I started Easy Stand Alone and read the settings from the slesa-ip1 device and saved them as a show. I made sure Load last show was checked. It looks like as soon as Easy Stand Alone starts to talk to the slesa-ip1 device it sets everything to zero until it's finished initialized itself. It doesn't seem to matter if a show is auto loaded or not, the lights will go off until the two are talking. On exit it seems to be the same except much faster since the slesa-ip1 device just has to load it's internal show. My guess is there's no way to switch to or from the devices internal show without actually sending anything to the lighting control. It almost seems like the device is doing a soft reboot on an ethernet connect or disconnect. Any other ideas or am I stuck.

Thanks for the help.