Erratic light behavior when using SL512BC

*DISCONTINUED* SLESA - SL512EC - SL512BC - SLMEV

Moderators: simonB, dylan, florent

Roland169

Erratic light behavior when using SL512BC

Post by Roland169 »

Hi.
This is probally not the right place to post this, but it is a start.
About 6 weeks ago I bought the Sunlite Suite with the SL512BC
S/N 61870594 - SIUDI 6C DMX USB box.
All was well until last week when the interface started sending random dmx signals to my lights causing them to act erratically. This got worse until I had to disconnect the interface and use a different system for the show that I was doing last Friday night.

I have done the following troubleshooting...
5 different usb cables were used (including two that were high quality shielded cables) Symptom still happened. Replacing my DMX control cables (runs to the lights) had no effect either. Also tried proper DMX termination and without DMX termination... Combinations of all the aboved were tried also - Symptom still happened.

Just plugging the SL512BC into the computer (for power); No software running; and 1 of my moving heads hooked up - Letting it sit for a few seconds and the light started to behave as if it was possesed ( random movements, gobo changes etc...)... I tried my Mates laptop, (the driver not loaded on this other laptop), the same thing happened. Also tried this on my desktop computer and it still happened. Hmm Suspecting radio interferences in my house now!!! So I turned off all my wireless systems and all other possible sources of electromagnetic interferences. Then tried my laptop first, then my mates laptop and it still happened (on both systems).. OS was Vista (32bit) on my laptop and XP SP3 on my Mates Laptop.

this does not bode well. After some searching on the forum here I found there was a firmware update (1.14) for my SL512BC... I was able to update the firmware :D Unfortunatly This made the symptom worse. :(

Not sure how to proceed right now, but I hope the above info helps. Any thoughts and comments from the other users here would be appreciated.
Location is in the UK, and on a good note, I will be at PLASA in London (07-09 Sep 08 and looking forward to meeting Reps there!! :) )
I really do want to get this working!! I finally have found a software package that is easy to understand, use and is overflowing with fantastic enhancements not found on other software packages!!!
Thanks a lot - Joe
bruno.falip
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by bruno.falip »

The best would be to come to our stand at PLASA, we will then see what to do there.