problem with usb interface

*DISCONTINUED* SLESA - SL512EC - SL512BC - SLMEV

Moderators: simonB, dylan, florent

iqbal

Post by iqbal »

i have the slesa-u5 and am having problem with the connection. i understand that you have to update the firmware for usb 2.0 so i found the update program in the FAQ section i carried out the instruction and was unsucessfull. i get an error when i run the firmware update.exe. i cant compare or edit. please give me detailed instructions so that i may sucessfull. i am running windows xp. Please help! :(
bruno.falip
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by bruno.falip »

Where did you read this? There is no reason to update the firmware of the SLESA-U5 interface for USB 2.0. What is your problem?
iqbal

Post by iqbal »

after installing the software and the driver i proceeded to run the program, when i start, i get a pop up window that say,s " There was no DMX interface detected, the software will start in demo mode". i checked in the device manager and dmx interface is installed fine. i tried it on three diferent computers and i get the same result on all, thats when i was serching the FAQ,s and found a section that refered to updating the usb if you have problems with the program not detecting the interface.
bruno.falip
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by bruno.falip »

Your interface is not compatible with Sunlite Suite software, you must install and run Easy Stand Alone software.