*DISCONTINUED* SLESA - SL512EC - SL512BC - SLMEV

Moderators: simonB, dylan, florent

eLeMenCy

A few questions regarding some of the SDK Commands

Post by eLeMenCy »

Hello,

I would be grateful if you could tell me the following regarding:

DHC_SIZEMEMORY
What is the unit of the value returned by the command, is it Bits, Bytes or ...?
What would be the formula (even with an approximate/estimated result) to find out the number of steps based on the available memory?

DHC_DMX2ENABLE
Is it safe to send this command to the interface if by mistake the IN port is still connected and live? If not, what are the options to allow me to detect that the port is actually free to be switched over?

Thanks in advance

PS: Sorry for the growing number of posts but I do not seem to be able to edit/modify/add to previous un-replied posts...
eLeMenCy

Post by eLeMenCy »

Bump!!

Has Julien decided to stay 1 more week on Holiday? :shock:
bruno.falip
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by bruno.falip »

We already have answered those questions by phone, and Julien is very busy right now.
eLeMenCy

Post by eLeMenCy »

No... my (3) posts haven't all been replied too and it is now 3 weeks + 2 phone calls and I am still waiting.
Due to this, part of my development has been put on hold and is suffering.

Bruno N. didn't have the answer to one of my posts (which happens to be one of the most important) http://www.nicolaudie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1639 and only a partial answer to this one http://www.nicolaudie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1640 but promised that, not only would they be replied to by Julien beginning of this week , but also the other posts would be answered so the entire community benefits.

Well although, I understand that Julien is busy after his holiday, I must say that I am very disappointed and hope that this lack of support is only temporary.

I would therefore be very grateful if Julien could give an answer to these posts (at least the unanswered ones for the time being - even in French if that helps) so I can not only continue my already phased-out development but more importantly, feel confident that I can continue supporting your product and recommend it to my clients.

Thanks again!!
julien

Post by julien »

DHC_SIZEMEMORY
What is the unit of the value returned by the command, is it Bits, Bytes or ...?
What would be the formula (even with an approximate/estimated result) to find out the number of steps based on the available memory?
The size is in bytes.
DHC_DMX2ENABLE
Is it safe to send this command to the interface if by mistake the IN port is still connected and live? If not, what are the options to allow me to detect that the port is actually free to be switched over?
No it's not safe, and there is no options to detect that port is actually free.
But, only the IN port can be switched to OUT.
eLeMenCy

Post by eLeMenCy »

Thank you.