Problem with SL2048FC

*DISCONTINUED* SLESA - SL512EC - SL512BC - SLMEV

Moderators: simonB, dylan, florent

xenomm

Problem with SL2048FC

Post by xenomm »

First of all sorry or my bad english, I hope you can understand my problems

I have bought a SL2048FC kit and all is more or less ok, but I have a couple of problems.

FIRST:
I am using the interface and sunlite in live shows and sometimes the DMX channels do not arrive correctly to dimmers and heads, doing jumpings and undessired changes of colours, sometimes some heads indicate DMX error or DMX syncro error. Using other interfases like manolator or open-dmx or my chauvet ligthling desk I have not got these problems. the diference I can found between these other interfaces and yours is the framerate. Yours is faster and perhaps is making ghosting in dmx line. can I change the rate of dmx sending to a lower value?

SECOND: we have a software in Visual Basic specially made for one of our shows, it is important for us to use it because is very comfordable to us, since in this show we not use conventional movemets or colours and t is very difficult to program it in sunlite (one example: when moving head A is in red color, and we press "green" in head B, A changes to green, but if head A is in blue, then changes to white, to do it in sunlite we need two green buttons for head B, and ths is only a simple example, it can happen with movments, colours, gobos,etc) We can modify the code without problems and now we are using it wih open-dmx, really we want to use your interface in our soft but, for now, it is imposibble, we have tested your library DasHardVB but it seems have no comunication with the interface because the answer is "interface not conected". In yur sample code happens the same problem...perhaps it is not the correct library for these interface? and how can we use the DMX-IN option in Visual Basic too?

Thanks for all
xenomm

Post by xenomm »

SECOND affair resolved, not corrrct libray, now using dashard2006 and all is ok, BUT

I can not use your 3d soft since the interface is busy in the other program.
the way I have found to do it is use another DMX interface in my soft to laung dmx signal to DMX-in of yours, but this is not what I want, because I loose the DMXin fucionality of your interface.
How can I use your interface in my soft and use 3D visualizer too?
thanks