Dimmer triggers - how to

Forum support for ESA Pro 2.0 (Legacy)

Moderators: simonB, nick, TomHat, florent, Ben

Wibs
New Forumor

Dimmer triggers - how to

Post by Wibs »

Hello,

I seem to be unable to make triggers work in ESA Pro2 with DR2 LITE. Most probably I am doing something wrong, so I would be very thankful for an advice.
I want to dim the fixtures to 0% from 11pm to 6am.
I've check the clock and set it to the correct time zone (though there's no Estonia on the list).

Two other simple questions as well:
1) *This does work through a switch* Can I connect to the controller with an Ethernet cable directly? If I do this, non show up on "Device import" no in Hardware manager. Must some special ports be open for this?
2) Once I upload a show file and disconnect the USB, I must manually turn the knob to 1 and then back to 0 to start a normal operation with triggers?
Attachments
trigger.JPG
trigger.JPG (64.26 KiB) Viewed 4517 times
EVOLVEINSTALL
Experienced Forumor

Re: Dimmer triggers - how to

Post by EVOLVEINSTALL »

Hello,

I don't think you need to set any conditions. 'IF' 'IF NOT' delete that element.

Increase and Decrease - All Zones. I presume you wanted it to fade? Otherwise i would of selected 'Set Level' instead.
Or if its all 1 zone or multiple zones, then create Blackout Scenes - which can fade. If multiple zones, i would offset all the timings by 1 Minute. As who knows what the controller will do if 5 time triggered commands on 5 seperate Zones at the identical time.

1) Never tried it, normally i connected to a Wireless Router and works, partially. This is when i used Decrease and Increase for zonal Lighting Levels - However it remembers the setting and you can not reset this master level upon the next time trigger! So once dim, it STAYS DIM! No reset provided by Nicolaudie.

2) Correct..Annoying isn't it! We don't get told about these things....you learn.