ESAPRO2 - Fixtures Index Sorting for mappings

Forum support for ESA Pro 2.0 (Legacy)

Moderators: simonB, nick, TomHat, florent, Ben

EVOLVEINSTALL
Experienced Forumor

ESAPRO2 - Fixtures Index Sorting for mappings

Post by EVOLVEINSTALL »

Just don't understand it.

If i make a mess of my fixture map, I want to organise 170 RGB fixtures from lowest to highest DMX value in 1 H line.

Even matrix does not work on Fixture Number, or DMX number, it's just dumb, its doing the sunlite numbering trick.

Patch 170 RGB fixtures, make a mess and try to clean it up so 1 is on the Left and 170 is on the right.

So you want us to move 170 fixtures individually, 1 press of 'Auto H Line' and it will undo every minute spent! Its Ok, as i can 'Undo', nope, Also have to wait for 0.5 Seconds to hoover the mouse over the fixture to find its information. Its seriously painful for such a simple task.

https://youtu.be/wOPaHbaxw1s
TomHat
Experienced Forumor

Re: ESAPRO2 - Fixtures Index Sorting for mappings

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

The RECT selection indexes your beams according to the order they were added into the rect. Meaning you won't get the same indexes if you select your beams from the TOP-RIGHT or from the BOTTOM-LEFT.

You can use the "select all" feature to select them all in their original index order.

Regards,
TomHat
--
ESA Pro 2 Support

Mail : [email protected]
EVOLVEINSTALL
Experienced Forumor

Post by EVOLVEINSTALL »

I understand now, very powerful tool

'Select all' is a powerful button depending on project.

I think, my nightmare is regarding the assorting in Builder screen. You have to Hoover the mouse (and wait!) over the fixture to gain its DMX information. If you select from 'Lights' menu - it will highlight within the fixture map but its only 1 way communication.
So you can't select a fixture and the data on the left will refresh or pin point quickly.

Also, it would be nice if we were able to colour code 'Halo in Avolites world' the fixtures (Like daslight in patch view).

DMX Addresses should be low lighted within the background of the fixture shape to assist with understanding quickly.
TomHat
Experienced Forumor

Post by TomHat »

I am adding these two suggestions to our list of ideas for future versions.

Regards,
TomHat
--
ESA Pro 2 Support

Mail : [email protected]