ESAPRO2 - Other Bug Bears

Forum support for ESA Pro 2.0 (Legacy)

Moderators: simonB, nick, TomHat, florent, Ben

EVOLVEINSTALL
Experienced Forumor

ESAPRO2 - Other Bug Bears

Post by EVOLVEINSTALL »

Seems to be a lack of a cancel buttons, or even Undo when editing a timeline. Only an OK button after editing.
Have to patch the fixture to delete it.

Fixture order in builder, presume its organised by index number. When does the index number actually get used again? Can we set the order via DMX Address instead? or Custom setting?

Would be nice if we had a visual DMX Value on the Fixture window for DMX output during selections instead of opening DMX Levels (single/Mono) Movers are very clever visually which works / Builder would be nice to have a visual number of its chosen DMX address within its shape + highlights the unit in real time when clicked/selected. so if RGB, select the fixture via the selection window and that fixtures patched DMX Values will be temp set to 255 so we can cross check we have patched correctly or its the correct DMX Address, and/or we can cycle through the index list to flash the channel/s instead of patching a new timeline, or closing ESAPRO2 and using HWM DMX test feature. Movers would be homed and iris/shutter/dimmer 100%.

These fixture profiles, Movers had 2x the same text label - no point of reference beside like DMX Address in the POV of its channel mode to which you are affecting. So if the fixture was DMX address 200, it wouldn't show DMX 214. It would show CH14, matching all the other movers channel presets (without having DMX Levels open as that's very little help in this instance) and matching the manual - if Pros use the manuals!

Can we have a DMX Fader mode for profiles? Like the RGB fixture has a colour wheel and faders/Numeral inputs for RGBAW values
If the patched profile is incorrect, how are we meant to re-correct quickly? We can not, we have to start from the base up. A DMX fader could fix this in seconds.
The order of the profiles selection tiles (Within the timeline automation) seems not to be user friendly..If a mover has 14 Channels, then keep all profile selections in the manner of its DMX Channel alignment, instead of splitting them up. Like Gobo - the gobo is fixed, rotate or bounce - but ESAPRO2 has split up to an additional 2 tab selections, Gobo Bounce and Gobo Rotation it's confusing yet bounce gobo selection is still within Gobo tab?. For instance, 1 selection for shutter not 4 tab selections - it affects the same DMX Channel so then it's a matter of priority, but we don't know that.

Timeline labels, If you want to label your time lines, then you have to click on the timeline effect bar, then move your mouse from bottom centre to top right - must be a quicker way, like labeling scenes - double click and label.

Auto Save feature, all to common to have ESAPRO2 Beta crash, and you've forgotten to save!

It seems that with ESAPRO2, All your fixture profiles have to be perfect, you have to have all your DMX Addressing correct before patching, user manuals and constantly have DMX Levels open to cross reference when programming, especially if you're the programmer and you've got a designer guiding levels.

Which lastly leads me to, Dimmer Level - Designer wants 50%..You can not type 50 in, if you use the mouse you get 50.19% then use the arrow keys to get perfect. If you use the timeline block, then the mouse is in the way of the % number, as you can't create chases for Single or Mono and rely upon the dimming timeline to create effects.

Stretch all timelines to end of loop - like ESAPRO can.

Like the new select Timeline, Highlight which fixtures are programmed within timeline, same as the Builder fixture highlight - but only works in one direction - select the text label and not its shape on the visual guide.

I am happy to send you my files, and i can set you the tasks that i had to deal with onsite..I have over 70 Single/Mono channels with DMX Relays and in multiple rooms with different external lighting levels, and a lighting designer to applease.
Attachments
PROFILE.jpg
PROFILE.jpg (48.16 KiB) Viewed 4601 times
TomHat
Experienced Forumor

Re: ESAPRO2 - Other Bug Bears

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

Well... Thank you for this in depth feedback on our ESAPro2 software ! I am writing all of this down and we will be looking into each and every single point you made.

We have now released a new Beta version, so i'd advise you to download and test it sometime soon. This should (hopefully) fix some of those crashes you've mentionned.

Best regards,
TomHat
--
ESA Pro 2 Support

Mail : [email protected]