High resolution displays (4K...)

New features and a new user interface.

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, Ben

sbehnsen

High resolution displays (4K...)

Post by sbehnsen »

I noticed that SS3 (and also the previous versions...) do not Support High Resolution Displays (e.g. 4K) very well.
Everything is so small that it is not usable...
Since 4K displays are getting more common I believe supporting them correctly is a must for any new software.

As a workaround I tried using an external manifest file (Setting DPI aware to "false") but this did not work for me with Suite3.exe.
nick
Maxi Forumor

Re: High resolution displays (4K...)

Post by nick »

Hi,

We are aware of the problem of Sunlite Suite 2 and 3 running on very high resolution displays. I have added this to our list of problems to look into.

Kind Regards,

Nick.
Nicolaudie Tech Support
sbehnsen

Post by sbehnsen »

Thanks,

This is currently one of the most pressing issues for me, because I can not use my new Laptop and have to use an old one just for sunlite...
nick
Maxi Forumor

Post by nick »

Hi sbehnsen,

It is possible to use it on a high resolution display simply by dropping the display resolution to something lower. You will also need to adjust the font scaling to 100% on the Display window in Windows. Anything above this will cause problems with the interface.

Kind Regards,

Nick.
Nicolaudie Tech Support
sbehnsen

Post by sbehnsen »

Dropping the Display Resolution is not really a solution... Yes it may work for a test, but no more.

Adding Support for this should not be an issue, and since more and more machines move to 4K or other high Resolution Displays, this is something I think you can not simply ignore.
By now pretty much all software vendors have added support für high Resolution Displays in their Software.
nick
Maxi Forumor

Post by nick »

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. I have passed it onto the project manager responsible for Suite3. We are concerned that to support Windows font scaling might delay the Suite3 project beyond a reasonable amount of time. We realize the inconvenience of having to change display resolutions and we will be looking at supporting it in future projects.

Kind Regards,

Nick.
Nicolaudie Tech Support