STICK-DE3 Manual Color Selection

The star of the STICK family.

Moderators: simonB, nick, florent, Ben

mycroft2802

STICK-DE3 Manual Color Selection

Post by mycroft2802 »

Hi,

I have a question regarding the manual color selection (scene override) capability on the STICK-DE3. I am using an RGBW led strip, and when I select the palette mode, I see a square corresponding to the current color, as well as the individual RGB values, displayed on the devices screen. When I use either the arrows or the wheel to make adjustments, one direction increases the value of one of the colors, while the other direction increases the value of one of the other colors. I haven't figured out how to make adjustments to the third color of the RGB set. More generically, I can't seem to figure out how to select which color I wish to modify. It seems like from any given starting point, I am only able to modify one of two colors, depending on which direction I slide on the wheel, or which arrow I press.

Is there a way to directly select which color you wish the wheel or arrows to modify?

Thank,
-mycroft2802
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: STICK-DE3 Manual Color Selection

Post by simonB »

You can tap around the wheel to jump to a color. As you tap the arrows or slide around the color wheel, the color channels are mixed automatically as if you were going around the color wheel (only 2 color channels are required to produce this). If you need to use a 3rd colro channel to de-saturate the color, use the dimmer control to move the dimmer above 100%.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
Popi

Post by Popi »

Hi,

Same as happens to Mycroft2802, I am using an RGBW led strip, and runing some loaded scenes where RGB+W channels are working.
When I select the palette mode I also can see a square corresponding to the current color, as well as the individual RGB values. The key is that I want to change or dimmer also W color channel and I don't know how to make this.
Could you please help me with this?

Thank you in advance!
forestqc69

Post by forestqc69 »

I have a bout the same question: once in a scene or in palet selection mode, if I choose Pink, but want to play with brightness level of the pink, I'm no able to "add white to it" so it's more bright (whiter if you want). The color changes way too fast with the wheel and goes to purple or blue right away.

Same question goes for white, How can I choose white and variation of whites ?

I use A Stick-DE3 and RGBW strips.

Thanks