Remote apps drop out

The star of the STICK family.

Moderators: simonB, nick, florent, Ben

Lumenpulse
New Forumor

Remote apps drop out

Post by Lumenpulse »

I have noticed that the remote app loses its connection with the controller quite easily and frequently. It then req the app to refresh or restart in order to work again. And sometime the controller it self needs to be power cycled.
Is there anything setting wise that can fix this?

Thank you,
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Remote apps drop out

Post by simonB »

I've not heard about this, but we'll make some tests. Try static IP addresses incase the router on your network is sending out IP addresses which expire
Simon
--
Sales/Support
usLEDsupply
New Forumor

Re: Remote apps drop out

Post by usLEDsupply »

we have this issue all the time as well but we have it on a static ip address so i don't thing that is it.
it works fine the first time you connect (after reboot) but if you leave it on for a while and your phone goes to sleep or you force quit the app then you will have to either reboot the phone or force quit the app a few times or leave it in the start up screen for a while and sometimes it will start working but for us it seems to be more trouble then it's worth and every time we go to show it to someone it acts up but it is still nice when it works and it may work better on newer versions of android than ICS but i have not tried that