Stick-DE3 will not operate after loading scene

The star of the STICK family.

Moderators: simonB, nick, florent, Ben

EcoLightLED

Stick-DE3 will not operate after loading scene

Post by EcoLightLED »

I just tried to load a very basic scene (with image) to my stick-DE3 to try and check out the image feature on the color display screen. I loaded the scene successfully and closed the ESA Pro Beta software. The stick said PC Mode with no indication of how to get it out of PC mode I simply unplugged it from the computer like I have done with the STICK-KE1 in the past. When I plugged it back into the computer to play my scene, it booted up and is now stuck on a screen saying "Firmware 0.95 2012-09-26" My computer won't recognize it anymore so I have no option of going back into the ESA Software or the Hardware Configuration-Tools. I have tried the reset button to no avail, is there anything else I can do to get past this screen so I can reset the unit?
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Stick-DE3 will not operate after loading scene

Post by simonB »

Hi, the hardware configuration tools doesn't work with the DE3. You need to use the firmware from the STICK-DE3 product page. If this doesn't detect the stick,try starting the stick in bootloader mode. If you look at the rear of the stick on the upper right to the right of the chip with the white label, you'll se 2 tiny solder points with the word 'bootloader'. Bridge these 2 points with a screwdriver whilst startup up the stick and it should be detected. If not, try a different computer. Failing this drop me a mail and I'll arrange an RMA
Simon
--
Sales/Support
usLEDsupply
New Forumor

Post by usLEDsupply »

i opened up a new DE3 to try it out to see if it would do what i wanted for a customer so i downloaded the new ESA Pro Beta and the Firmware updater tool and i updated the firmware to the .98 then programed a test show to it then connected it to DMX and tried it out and everything seemed fine, until i went to update the show again then it was saying unable to write to card and now it just says Data Error on the screen? so i re-flashed the firmware, formatted the card to FAT, went into boot-loader mode then re-flashed the firmware and still nothing, i even tried another card i had???
am i missing something or what should i try?? i can still get into the settings menu by holding the power button and the computer still sees it
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

only go into bootloader mode if your interface is not detected

is your interface detected by ESA Pro?
Simon
--
Sales/Support
usLEDsupply
New Forumor

Post by usLEDsupply »

Yes and i found that if i connected it to the pc and made a new program with only one device and scene then saved it to the, stick it would work, then i could load my other program and save it to the stick. so that seems to fix the data error message problem.

Another?
Is there any way to make a scene in the global area only update the fixtures you have selected and leave the ones that aren't part of the scene doing whatever they were doing before?

Or another way around it would be to be able to patch fixtures to more than one page/group?
usLEDsupply
New Forumor

Post by usLEDsupply »

also there is a bug when saving a scene to the calendar and editing it to trigger at sunset the program crashes
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Is there any way to make a scene in the global area only update the fixtures you have selected and leave the ones that aren't part of the scene doing whatever they were doing before?
This is not possible. The global area will always be affected to all lighting fixtures.
also there is a bug when saving a scene to the calendar and editing it to trigger at sunset the program crashes
This has been fixed in the next version which will hopefully be available this week
Simon
--
Sales/Support