"Generate" FX Scene Fails in Scene Builder

The second edition of our lighting control software designed for mobile DJ and architectural applications

Moderators: simonB, nick, TomHat, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

jholmes
New Forumor

"Generate" FX Scene Fails in Scene Builder

Post by jholmes »

I have tested this both on Mac and PC but the issue seems cross-platform.
I have twelve single-channel fixtures. I create one effect on nine of the fixture and a second effect on the last three.
The effects are both curved effects. When I try to "generate" an effect, it only outputs one step. Compression is set at 10, duration is 5s.

Any advice on what I am doing wrong?
jholmes
New Forumor

Re: "Generate" FX Scene Fails in Scene Builder

Post by jholmes »

I have isolated the problem to the "curve" effect. The program refuses to write that type of effect. I believe this is a bug.
nick
Maxi Forumor

Re: "Generate" FX Scene Fails in Scene Builder

Post by nick »

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this bug. We are due to fix it in the next release of ESA2 which will hopefully be in the next couple of weeks.

In the meantime, there is a temporary fix you can do, though it will take up more memory on your device. The bug is caused by compression being applied to the curve affect, which by default is 0.10. Compression is designed to reduce the number of steps generated to save memory on your device. If you reduce the compression to 0, the effect will generate correctly. You can do this using by clicking on the arrow on the Generate button and then dragging the slider to the left. Please see the attached image.

Kind Regards,

Nick.
Attachments
compression-bug.png
compression-bug.png (60.11 KiB) Viewed 7626 times
Nicolaudie Tech Support