Compatability between New Releases

The second edition of our lighting control software designed for mobile DJ and architectural applications

Moderators: simonB, nick, TomHat, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

peteknobloch
Junior Forumor

Compatability between New Releases

Post by peteknobloch »

I have been wanting to ask this question for some time now but with the new ESA2 release I thought I might ask now.
If I load the new release, will I have to re-enter all the values for all my scenes?
With me being an old programmer I know that there are always structure changes to fix issues or add new features so that the new software will communicate these changes to the hardware. With the scene configuration saved on the SD-Card, will I be able to read the bulk of this old information back into the PC with a newer version of the ESA2 and resave it in the new format?

And if I have problems with the new software, will I be able to go back to the older release by using the old PC software and reload the hardware with the old previous hardware code?

I don't have any problems with this, just wanting to know if it has been implemented in the design.

Pete
nick
Maxi Forumor

Re: Compatability between New Releases

Post by nick »

Hi Pete,

Thank you for your question. Show files should work between software versions, but software differences can, on rare occasions, cause problems. The bigger the step in software versions, the more likely a problem is to occur.

New versions of ESA2 software and nicolaudie firmware will contain less bugs. If you do find one, please report it.

Kind Regards,

Nick.
Nicolaudie Tech Support