ESA2 for Residential ~ Feature Wish List

The second edition of our lighting control software designed for mobile DJ and architectural applications

Moderators: simonB, nick, TomHat, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

Throck

ESA2 for Residential ~ Feature Wish List

Post by Throck »

ESA2 is nearly perfect for most homeowners to maintain their lighting programs once configured. It's the right balance between the Easy & Pro versions with end users in mind, but there are missing features that would put this over the top. I would like to start a list. Hoping others will add to it. My wish would be to create the easiest software interface for non-technical people.

1) An ethernet connect / disconnect button that doesn't require closing the software to switch over to & back from standalone mode

2) Ability to create areas (like ESAPro)

3) Ability to access individual fixtures by area

4) Many residential projects will only use one universe. In ESAPro, when you patch an RGB or RGBW fixture, the tabs are clearly marked "DMX Universe 1,2,3" etc. When you rename a fixture, it creates a more readable text space and DOES NOT add the universe number to the name. (only way to get rid of Uni # is by using List View) I vote to have the ESA2 match the look & functionality of ESAPRo when working in the patching menu.

5) The DMX sliders are great for end users, but are hard to discern between the fixtures when there are a lot of them. When an RGB or RGBW is patched, it would be real helpful to create an text box above the slider knobs and below the color indicator boxes that links the 3 or 4 channels together, creating an easier to read fixture name.

6) A larger mouse over info window would also help when working wireless away from the screen

7) The ability to import an image file into the scene builder, i.e.: a Floorplan