ESA Scene builder crashing when adding an effect.

The second edition of our lighting control software designed for mobile DJ and architectural applications

Moderators: simonB, nick, TomHat, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

StabbingHobo

ESA Scene builder crashing when adding an effect.

Post by StabbingHobo »

Right now I'm unable to use the scene builder tool on my desktop (Win 8.1 64bit) because every time I try adding an effect the whole program crashes. It works on my two laptops (Win 8.1 32bit and Win 10 64bit preview), so OS shouldn't be the issue. I've updated the drivers, restarted computer, tried compatibilty mode, reinstalled ESA2, running as administrator, nothing works. Also noticed that in the desktop PC the 3D viewer doesn't work either, it doesn't react to DMX changes, while it works on the laptops.
Ben
Super Forumor

Re: ESA Scene builder crashing when adding an effect.

Post by Ben »

Hi there,

Apologies this is a know bug and has been fixed in the latest release which should be released in the next couple of days.

In the meantime you can use this BETA if you prefer which has also had the bug fixed.

Hope that helps.

http://www.nicolaudie.com/downloads/files/ESA2beta.exe
Benno
--
Product Support
StabbingHobo

Post by StabbingHobo »

Thanks, downloaded and installed. The scene builder works again but the software no longer finds my DMX controller (SUSHI-256). Previous version still does. Also, 3D visualizer crashes on launch, but I can live without it.
EDIT: 3D visualizer works again, no idea what was wrong with it.
Ben
Super Forumor

Post by Ben »

Hi again,

Sorry to hear you're still having problems, if you email [email protected] they will be able to offer you support for your device.

Kind regards
Benno
--
Product Support