Problem controling Scenes from Tablet

The second edition of our lighting control software designed for mobile DJ and architectural applications

Moderators: simonB, nick, TomHat, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

peteknobloch
Junior Forumor

Problem controling Scenes from Tablet

Post by peteknobloch »

I’m having problems with the Easy Remote software on my tablet when using the ESA 2 software on the PC. The hardware is the SLESA-UE7 Stand alone hardware. I want to control the DMX scene from the tablet while in stand alone mode (no PC).

I have figured out how to assign the buttons on the tablet by going onto the PC and selecting “Learn Easy Remote Command ” while in the LIVE mode. I then write the changes back to the stand alone unit. This seems to save fine and the tablet buttons are working as long as the ESA2 software is running in the PC. But if I shut down the ESA2 software then the tablet buttons don’t work any more. I have tried power cycling the hardware and then reopening the Easy Remote software on my tablet but it still doesn’t want to recognize the tablet commands. If I reopen my PC ESA2 software and read in the stand alone configuration then the tablet will work.

The problem being that the Easy Remote functions won’t work when the hardware is operating in Stand Alone mode.

Is there a problem with the software? If not, how can a control the scenes on my stand alone controller using a Tablet?
Ben
Super Forumor

Re: Problem controling Scenes from Tablet

Post by Ben »

Hi Pete,

You've got the right idea with how the Easy Remote works in Live mode when the ESA 2 software is open. I think you're getting a little confused on how it works in Stand Alone mode so let me explain for you.

When you start the Easy Remote with the ESA2 software open, in the opening screen where you select your controllers you connect to 'ESA2' the software not the actual SLESA-UE7. You are assigning all the buttons correctly by selecting “Learn Easy Remote Command” while in the LIVE mode but this will no longer work if you close the software and work in Stand Alone mode as you device will no longer be connected to 'ESA2'.

To make Easy Remote work in Stand Alone mode firstly make sure the SLESA-UE7 has all your desired scenes transferred onto it. Then close ESA2 but make sure the device is connected to your network via the Ethernet port. You need to restart from scratch in the Easy Remote, so open the App and in the controller list you should this time see your actual controller listed (Siudi-7B). Click on your controller, press the locked padlock icon to unlock your page, add you desired buttons, dimmers and colour wheels, select which scenes you want the buttons to control on your device by changing the properties in each button. More details on how to do this are included in the Easy remote manual which you can get to using the link below.

http://manuals.nicolaudie.com/en/755-75 ... Sb9Aj6.htm

I hope this clears things up for you, let me know if you need any more help.
Benno
--
Product Support
peteknobloch
Junior Forumor

Post by peteknobloch »

Thanks for the reply. I tried this about 2 weeks ago but didn't see anything that made sense for doing the scene select value. I went ahead and tried doing what you said just yesterday with the same results. On the top line of the Easy Remote button I am selecting "Select Scene On". When I select the 2nd line it only shows A0-A50, B1-B50, C1-C50 . . . up to E50. This sounds like these selections are for the EasyPro software and not the ESA2 which I am using. What should I see for the selections of my scenes. None of your documentation describes this.

I am using the ESA2 software because I couldn't get the the desired fad between any of the scene changes to work properly. The fad would always go to all dark before bringing up the next scene.

I am using the Feb 12 2015 release. At one time I did try the EasyPro and maybe my problem is that the SLESA-UE7 is loaded with the wrong firmware? Is there a difference?

Pete
Ben
Super Forumor

Post by Ben »

Hi again Pete,
On the top line of the Easy Remote button I am selecting "Select Scene On". When I select the 2nd line it only shows A0-A50, B1-B50, C1-C50 . . . up to E50. This sounds like these selections are for the EasyPro software and not the ESA2 which I am using. What should I see for the selections of my scenes.
This is correct, the A 0, A 1, A 2 relate to the scenes stored on your SLESA-UE7 i.e. A 1 on the Easy Remote relates to A01 on your device = Scene 1. Remember you are not connecting to the software but to your device with your scenes stored on it. And as the SLESA-UE7 cannot display scene names as it only has a small LED display, A01 = Scene 1, A02 = Scene 2, A03 = Scene 3 etc.
I am using the ESA2 software because I couldn't get the the desired fad between any of the scene changes to work properly. The fad would always go to all dark before bringing up the next scene.
This is strange, you should be able to fade properly in ESA Pro as well as ESA2. If you send me over your showfile I can take a look at the settings and see what the problem is.
I am using the Feb 12 2015 release. At one time I did try the EasyPro and maybe my problem is that the SLESA-UE7 is loaded with the wrong firmware? Is there a difference?
No difference, the device should work with ESA Pro and ESA2, it is though always best to update the firmware to the latest version using the latest Hardware Manager that comes with the Beta of ESA Pro - 2nd June 2015 (link below)
http://www.nicolaudie.com/downloads/fil ... robeta.exe

Hope that helps
Benno
--
Product Support
peteknobloch
Junior Forumor

Post by peteknobloch »

Thanks for responding Ben.

I get the picture now. I didn't know how the tablet scene values relate to the standalone controller scenes. It might be nice to add a line to the documentation indicating that the scene values displayed on the 3 character display on the standalone hardware are the ones you select for the Easy Remote buttons. I hadn't paid any attention to what was being displayed at all. In fact I couldn't fine much information about what the 3rd button on the hardware does. Just that the other 2 seems to change from one scene to the next.

Its been a long time since I tried using the ESA Pro software and I found it hard to use because the lack of documentation about how all the timeline fad options worked. This happened at the time when I setup a demo board that was running only 8 channels so I could figure out how your standalone controller worked. I don't have a file to send you. All I can say is that I must have tried every option except the right one. Must have spent 7 hours trying to get the fads to fad smoothly from one scene to another without going completely dark during the transition.