ESA2 Can't launch specfic show by double clicking icon Win8

The second edition of our lighting control software designed for mobile DJ and architectural applications

Moderators: simonB, nick, TomHat, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

jcarlson1701

ESA2 Can't launch specfic show by double clicking icon Win8

Post by jcarlson1701 »

Hello.

I want to launch a specific show in ESA2 by simply double clicking the show file's icon (i.e. "myshow.dlm located on the desktop). However, when I double click on the .dlm file ESA2 launches, presents me with the screen to connect to my SLESA-U9 via USB and then goes to a new show, NOT the existing show I wanted to start. Is there a parameter I have to add to the document's icon to launch the show or is this a bug in ESA2. I'm running ESA2 v.1.3.2-21041-SVN29133 on Windows 8.1 with the latest updates.

Also, and I don't know if this is related, the "User Options" in the toolbar is grayed out so I can't access those options either.

Thanks - Josh
Ben
Super Forumor

Re: ESA2 Can't launch specfic show by double clicking icon W

Post by Ben »

Hi Josh,
I want to launch a specific show in ESA2 by simply double clicking the show file's icon (i.e. "myshow.dlm located on the desktop). However, when I double click on the .dlm file ESA2 launches, presents me with the screen to connect to my SLESA-U9 via USB and then goes to a new show, NOT the existing show I wanted to start. Is there a parameter I have to add to the document's icon to launch the show or is this a bug in ESA2. I'm running ESA2 v.1.3.2-21041-SVN29133 on Windows 8.1 with the latest updates.
Just tested this myself and the same thing happens for me with a new show starting after double clicking a saved ESA2 file. I have forwarded on the information to our developers so they can look in getting this amended for future releases.
Also, and I don't know if this is related, the "User Options" in the toolbar is grayed out so I can't access those options either.
The 'User Options' are only available on the 'Live" tab so it's normal that they are greyed out for you on anything else.

Hope that helps
Benno
--
Product Support
jcarlson1701

Re: ESA2 Can't launch specfic show by double clicking icon W

Post by jcarlson1701 »

Thanks for the update. I look forward to the patch!