Switchting different Scenes / GA2

The second edition of our lighting control software designed for mobile DJ and architectural applications

Moderators: simonB, nick, TomHat, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

MAIN

Switchting different Scenes / GA2

Post by MAIN »

Hello Nicolaudie Team,
I just watched some videos about your STICK Series wallmounted DMX controllers. Now I've got a question, if your controller can meet my requirements.

As I know I can't test this bymyself because I need to be conntected to an actual interface to check this with the downloadable software.
I want to use a "GA2" interface to controll the following ligthning equipment:

3x DMX RGB LED floodlights and 1x DMX 12-Channel Dimmer

The important thing on this is that I can do the following things with your product:
1> choose every single DMX channel of the dimmer and change the dimming value from 0 to 100%
2> chose every single DMX channel of the RGB floodlights an change dimming and color

The very important thing is that I can switch the scences without overwriting the current set of dim and color.
For example User clicks to scene 1 with all the LED floodlights and dims them to 100% and red. After that to switch the dim of channel 12 he has to
change to scene 2. Is it possible that the settings of scene 1 are still active or are the LED floodlights turn off after switching to scene 2.
Ben
Super Forumor

Re: Switchting different Scenes / GA2

Post by Ben »

Hi there,

The Stick GA2 is a programmable controller that can control 512 DMX channels, however from the panel you can only change the RGB and dim settings for all the lights at once.

To control individual lights you would need to use our software and programme scenes.

If you want to to control groups of lights from the panel you might be better using one of out other products, the STICK-KE1 which can control 5 zones and the STICK-DE3 can control 10 zones.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Ben
Benno
--
Product Support
MAIN

Post by MAIN »

Hello Ben,
first, thank you for your fast reply !

I would like to control the following lights in the future:

12x normal Stagelights (halo floods & theater spots)
3x RGB LED flooglights (4 Channel mode is enough)

Is it possible with the "DE3" ? In which way the 10 zones are defined ?
Are zones single channels or are zones for example

zone 1 => all normal halo lights onstage
zone 2 => frontlights
zone 3 => RGB LED floodlights

Thank you in advance !
Ben
Super Forumor

Post by Ben »

A zone can contain a single channel or many channels depending on how you program it, you had the right idea in your post.
zone 1 => all normal halo lights onstage
zone 2 => frontlights
zone 3 => RGB LED floodlights
Hope that helps, let us know if you need anything more.

Cheers,

Ben
Benno
--
Product Support