Prblem with opening ESA 2 beta on windows 8 64 bit Laptop

The second edition of our lighting control software designed for mobile DJ and architectural applications

Moderators: simonB, nick, TomHat, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

QuasarSL
New Forumor

Prblem with opening ESA 2 beta on windows 8 64 bit Laptop

Post by QuasarSL »

When I click to run ESA2 beta Oct 31 2013
A window opens for me to choose my interface. My Stik KU1 and it,s dmx interface is shown correctly. I can select this but am unable to proceed.
Because the lower part of the window that presumably holds the OK or Cancel buttons is off the bottom of the screen!(I see only as far as the tick box 'do not ask this question again') it seems no way can I move that Window. It is impossible to move as there is no facility to drag the window, in fact it sits on top of all windows and there is no way of closing it. It even sits in front of task manager window! I have to reboot computer to get rid of it.
Because of this it is not possible to proceed to the main Window of your program.

Can you help? Thanks Keith
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Prblem with opening ESA 2 beta on windows 8 64 bit Lapto

Post by simonB »

Hi Keith

The screen must be a very low resolution if it's disappearing off the bottom. We'll implement the possibility to drag the window in the next release. In the meantime, connect an external monitor with a higher resolution, set this as the primary display, then you should be able to click ok.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
QuasarSL
New Forumor

Post by QuasarSL »

sorry I gave up trying.
Checked back a couple of times and did not see a reply.
I am back with another problem and found this post. So for your info the screen resolution is 1366x768 Landscape

Thanks Keith.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Hi Keith

The latest version allows you to drag the starting dialog.
Simon
--
Sales/Support