sunlite EC 1024 channels

User based support for one of the best DMX standalone controllers for architectural applications for many years, now replaced by the SLESA U10 & U11.

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, florent, Ben

steen4sun
Junior Forumor

sunlite EC 1024 channels

Post by steen4sun »

Hi
windows 10
Sunlite EC
firmware 1.08
sunlite 13022015

I use the hardware manager in order to assign second XLR to be another 1-512 output channels.
Should I worry when xlr1 has a "mean" about 0,07 and xlr2 has a "mean" around 0,7 ( factor 10 slower ).
what are these numbers ?

Minor practical :
I need a xlr female - xlr female, with dmx cable between.
A major german supplier named T doesnt have it, could you point me in a direction to buy the cable ?

TIA
Steen
nick
Maxi Forumor

Re: sunlite EC 1024 channels

Post by nick »

Hi,

Thank you for your message.

By default, Sunlite Suite 2 gives you 1024 channels with XLR1 and XLR2 set as output (See image). This is not something that you set in HardwareManager.

It is possible to test the DMX input and output in HardwareManager using the DMX screen. It is normal for there to be a difference in mean values between the 2 XLR sockets. This is not something to worry about.

I recommend you look for a 'XLR 3 Female to Female Gender Change Adapter' to solve the issue with plugging into the second socket.

Kind Regards,

Nick.
Attachments
suite2-ec-default-setup.png
suite2-ec-default-setup.png (88.28 KiB) Viewed 9945 times
Nicolaudie Tech Support
DaveRodda

Re: sunlite EC 1024 channels

Post by DaveRodda »

As per my knowledge in some cases you may be required to update your interface's firmware after updating the software. This can be done with the Hardware Manager application included with the software install.

turnkey pcb assembly