Easyremote big problem

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

Sane

Easyremote big problem

Post by Sane »

In android phones and tablets the easyremote has big issues.

Problem is that it does not show the text or buttons properly. Some buttons, slides, text etc. disappear. Everytime i open its different things that is missing.

I have tried to make small( about 15 buttons, slides.. ) or big( over 15 buttons, slides..) control surface and it does the same.

I have tried different routers, computer, showfiles, tablets, phones and so on and its same problem with all... Sometimes more and sometimes less.

Its basically unusable. There was long time ago same tred and there is seems that it has not yet been fixed. Nearly anyone here does not use IOS platforms so its a big problem. We have installed many systems for our customers and all have same problem with android systems.

Is there gonna be a fix for this?
nick
Maxi Forumor

Re: Easyremote big problem

Post by nick »

Hi,

Easy Remote uses UDP messages for data transfer because they are very fast for triggering events. The downside of this protocol is the messages can get lost on a busy networks. Also, the more complex your console, the more chance there is that some of your design will not appear. Unfortunately we don't have a solution that can fix this issue at present.

We recommend 1) using a dedicated router so that you are not on a noisy network and 2) keep the console interface very simple in design.

Kind Regards,

Nick.
Nicolaudie Tech Support