Dimmer Priority

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

poldid

Dimmer Priority

Post by poldid »

Hi! A Newcomer Question - sorry for this...
4 White LED Pars for each musician in a Site
4 Switches for each musician
I want to turn on and off each fixture with a button on my Akai Midimix - no problem
I want to dimm each single fixture with a fader on Midimix - assigned it - no problem
but even if the switch dimmer wheel moves on the screen - its overruled by the site dimmer
so in the moment i can dimm all 4 fixtures at the same time - but i want to dimm each lamp one by one

how can i change the priority?

i hope you understand my problem - i know that i am missing a general feature in sunlite 2, but i am completely new to this software.

Thanks in advance
poldi
nick
Maxi Forumor

Re: Dimmer Priority

Post by nick »

Hi Poldi,

Thank you for your message. I think I understand your question.

The dimmers have a priority and stack on top of each other. So, for example ...

master dimmer 50% + button dimmer 50% = 25% output

I am not quite sure what you mean by 'site dimmer'. Perhaps you mean master dimmer?

Unfortunately, it's not possible to change the order of the dimmer priority. However, you can create a switch with a dimmer which *adds* to the current dmx levels and this has the effect of overriding dimmers. The option to do this is in the Button (Settings) > Switch > ADD. See attached image.

See the attached demo show (Addition Button.shw). The 'Add Brightness' switch dimmer will have the effect of 'overriding' the Page dimmer and _Master Page dimmer, but not the Master dimmer. See attached image to see the dimmer priorities 1- 4.

Kind Regards,

Nick.
Attachments
dimmer priority.jpg
dimmer priority.jpg (147.15 KiB) Viewed 5622 times
ADD button.jpg
ADD button.jpg (87.82 KiB) Viewed 5622 times
Addition Button.shw
(151.82 KiB) Downloaded 355 times
Nicolaudie Tech Support