Sunlite Suite 3

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

RamonCC
New Forumor

Sunlite Suite 3

Post by RamonCC »

Any news on the release of Sunlite Suite 3?
Is there a beta program which I can join?

I am curious about the SS3 if this helps me to make a proper show as I am thinking about leaving the software and buying a proper lightning table.
I am thinking about a Showtec Creator 1024 but it would be nice to give SS3 a chance.

Kind regards,

Ramon.
Djrobs

Re: Sunlite Suite 3

Post by Djrobs »

Hope for a better Matrix function
cbabbman
Junior Forumor

Post by cbabbman »

any chance of getting some info on what features V3 will consist of?

More importantly, what are we looking at in terms of upgrade costs? Will we need new interfaces?...
pileo
Junior Forumor

Post by pileo »

Question of upgrade costs is essential to me too... I have Sunlite 2 FC and consider changing software, if I can't use the new version of Sunlite with my interface...
nick
Maxi Forumor

Post by nick »

Hi Pileo,

** post edited with updated information 09/11/2017 **
Users of Suite2-FC, Suite2-EC and BC devices will need to upgrade their devices using the upgrades program to receive a discount.
Users who have bought a Suite2-FC in 2017 will receive a free upgrade when a comparable Suite3 interface becomes available.
See compatibility guide http://forum.nicolaudie.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=40936

Sunlite Suite 3 is getting an updated interface and a new Timeline feature, designed to replace Easy Show and the Cycle editor. This will be integrated into the main software screen, where you'll be able to mix audio, video, scenes and switches.

Kind Regards,

Nick.
Nicolaudie Tech Support
pileo
Junior Forumor

Post by pileo »

Hello Nick

That sounds good for us. Thank you. Can you tell us, when the first version of SL Suite 3 is going to be published?

Btw: Is a Mac OS X version planned as well?

Thanks!

Léo
wowi

Post by wowi »

Dear people from sunlite,

please let out some Information about the new version. I can understand, that you will not publish things, that are not save.
But no information is also no good strategy. I am using sunlite suite now for more than 3 years an in my case there is the need for a change. I have been waiting for some infos about the new version for a long time and i am not willing to wait longer without some information:

1. When will the new version be available (not the exact day, but a approximate period would be helpful)
2. Will the userinterface be like dashligt 4
3. Some hints about the new features (Complex color settings like RGBWAUW for example)

You have a lot of satisfied customers like me out there but you are loosing them. So please communicate.

Best
Wolfgang
Odyseuss

Post by Odyseuss »

Would be really really great to get an more or less date for the beta release. First you make us excited at the Prolight & Sound and then you let us waiiiiiit..... +/ - one month would be already very helpful!
JBiker
New Forumor

Post by JBiker »

I am very satisfied with my FC+ Sunlite Suite 2 :-)

For me - in relation to other products - would be definitive that Sunlite Suite 3 allows the change of one library by another, keeping everything programmed in the Show.

The only drawback is not being able to have my "personal show" perfectly programmed and, only, to be able to change some libraries for others, depending on the luminaires that I find in each scenario.

(It becomes very hard to have to schedule a new "Show" every time I call me to work on a show)
mathematicboy
New Forumor

Post by mathematicboy »

Hello.

I'm also satisfied with my FC Sunlite Suite 2. I think there are good news in Sunlite Suite 3, like the integration of a timeline function like EasyShow. I also agree with JBiker that a way to translate between different fixtures would be great. Besides, I have other suggestion. What about a fan (align) function?
festkungen

Post by festkungen »

Nicolaudie still doesn't answer questions about release dates so I'm doubting we'll see Sunlite Suite 3 this year. We are now in mid July and do not even have a first beta version. I guess there is so much left to develop that they can't make any promises yet.
nick
Maxi Forumor

Post by nick »

Hi all,

My apologies for the lack of updates.

> 1. When will the new version be available ...
I am told a beta will be available in about 1 month. Our developer is working very hard.

> 2. Will the userinterface be like dashligt 4
The new interface will be taking design cues from Daslight 4.

> 3. Some hints about the new features (Complex color settings like RGBWAUW for example)
- New interface
- Easy Show will no longer be included. Instead, a new Timelines interface will be integrated into the main screen, allowing scenes, switches, audio and video to be played back.
- New multiplier switch. Previously only add and subtract were available.
- Lots of extra features, yet to be announced.

Kind Regards,

Nick.
Nicolaudie Tech Support
festkungen

Post by festkungen »

Thank you for the update Nick and for the good news. We are many who look forward to testing it. :-)
stephenrolah
New Forumor

Post by stephenrolah »

Thank you Nick. Very much looking forward to the beta. It seems the Elation/ADJ folks have been getting beta updates for the next version of CompuShow (aka Sunlite Suite) for testing and also to "tease out" hints of features to come, bit by bit. I can tolerate the wait if it makes Sunlite Suite 3 rock solid stable and doesn't crash every 4 minutes like mydmx. I really like very much a lot of the new stuff in mydmx 3.0 (aka Daslight 4), I just couldn't tolerate the crashing. So, I put Sunlite Suite 2 on mydmx 3.0 box, cheap upgrade, and it works like a champ. I'm really hoping to hear that there will be a significant boost to the visualizer. So many light beams (especially multi-beam) fixtures, colors, gobos, prism, and frost effects are just not represented correctly or sometimes it just seems too cartoonish. At this middle-tier, prosumer level, we need something more professional to show our clients. I'm not asking for WYSIWYG (well, yes I actually am), but Realizer and Vectorworks Vision, I'm sure some licensing could be worked out there. I could swear GrandMA 2 and dot2 MA both use a form of Realizer and it makes a huge difference.

So, in any case, yes, please do keep talking about the betas and new features when it's safe to do so. Sunlite and Compushow are both long overdue for a refresh, IMHO, but please don't rush anything at the expense of stability. No or very very rare crashing would he acceptable at this level.

That's my rant and my thoughts for the moment. Keep up up the good work and keep us informed proactively. It makes all the difference.

Thank you,

Stephen Olah
cbabbman
Junior Forumor

Post by cbabbman »

just wondering where things stand with V3... Will we be seeing a beta version this month?