I miss the progress for a long time now....

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

SalsaJay

I miss the progress for a long time now....

Post by SalsaJay »

Dear developers of Suite2
I miss new features and addressing future request from members on this forum.
I am a user of the first hour, but I feel more and more disappointed as the years go by after the introduction of suite 2.

This is not just a complaint, but a cry for action to help out the users of the first hour an all the enthusiastic users after that.
Daslight just came out with version 4 with lots of improvements and features of the professional consoles like avolites.
Like:
- Fan Function
- A dark and renewed intelligent interface etc

I need desperately:
- Support in the interface and profile builder for the latest spots an possibilities like RGBW, RGBWA-UV, WW/CW etc.
- More and intelligent effects
- When I position my moving heads on stage, and select a cirkel movement.....it does not create a circulair movement at that position!!!!
And that is what you want. Position your spots, select a movement, and then a intelligent calculation by the software to create that from around that position, with or without the fan function in consideration.

I think there is a lot more that other desks offer, that would be a great addition to the software ;)
But we as users need to see these developments regularly back in the updates and a yearly big update.

I hope you will take us seriously as you used to do in the past.
Please let me / us know what the plans are for the coming weeks and months.

With the kindest regards, jay
Superbaloo8
Experienced Forumor

Re: I miss the progress for a long time now....

Post by Superbaloo8 »

Hi SalsaJay,

I'm fully agree with you :)

Sylvain
Sunlite Suite 2
  • Interface Economy Class
  • Akai APC mini, Akai APC 40 mkII & Elation Midicon
LightJockey
  • @MixLightEvent (31) France
  • @Podium La Peña 31 (31) France
Spb8 Lighting - Sunlite Suite 2 Services
Forum Français Sunlite Suite
cbabbman
Junior Forumor

Post by cbabbman »

I also agree... I really thought that 3+ years after 1st purchasing the software, that we would have seen a little more significant progress and some new features... rather disappointing..
waynehaffenden
New Forumor

Post by waynehaffenden »

+1
nick
Maxi Forumor

Post by nick »

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. We are still actively fixing any bugs found in Sunlite Suite 2. However, we are not adding new features at this time. This is because we are currently working on a new version of Sunlite Suite with lots of exciting new features which will be released sometime next year. There will be further announcements about this next year.

In the meantime, we are still actively supporting and fixing any bugs found in Sunlite Suite 2. The best way to report bugs is by submitting a show file (.shw) and video of the bug happening using that showfile. Text descriptions tend to be less helpful, as this is very complex software.

Kind Regards,

Nick.
Nicolaudie Tech Support
johntankard

Post by johntankard »

Hi Nick,

Thank you for answering my other queries in the forum, may I ask.... If I get a Suite2-FC dongle will this be compatible with your future version?

John
randalstout
New Forumor

Post by randalstout »

That's the million dollar question right there. If we have a current FC+ dongle, will it be compatible with the new version?
Superbaloo8
Experienced Forumor

Post by Superbaloo8 »

As for the migration from Suite 1 to Suite 2, I think your actual hardware will not be authorize to run the new version.

And this is normal, in term of business, Nicolaudie sells hardware only, the software are for free for testing purpose.

I'm not working for free, Nicolaudie also :)
Sunlite Suite 2
LightJockey
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

We've not yet decided which devices will be compatible with future software versions, but a few points to clarify:
-the next version doesn't have a release date yet
-when we release new software and hardware, we offer a grace period, so don't worry about buying an interface and an update being announced the next week
-we always offer discounts on upgrades, even if you have an interface which is 15 years old or more. See the upgrades page in your user account for further info
Simon
--
Sales/Support
Ode

Post by Ode »

Position your spots, select a movement, and then a intelligent calculation by the software to create that from around that position.
So this is a no go?
we are not adding new features at this time. This is because we are currently working on a new version of Sunlite Suite with lots of exciting new features which will be released sometime next year.
Superbaloo8
Experienced Forumor

Post by Superbaloo8 »

This a not a no go, but this feature will not be available in existing Suite 2, certainly in Suite 3 :)
Sunlite Suite 2
LightJockey
pileo
Junior Forumor

Post by pileo »

Hello

To be honest, at this price level I expect more than this... The FC version is quite expensive and the software made no progress since version 2 came out.
There are now essential functions missing (for example RGBWA/UV) mixing. The GUI simply isn't adequate to the year 2016. Very small buttons, no dark theme, no Mac support, and so on.

I really hope there will be any changes and additions to Sunlite 2. We all would be very disappointed being forced to buy a new interface to continue using the software with up-to-date-functions. Especially if we compare Sunlite 2 to Daslight, Sunlite looks like and old, ugly software.

I hope we will see anything positive coming for Sunlite in the next time.

Leo
Yan47FR

Post by Yan47FR »

Hello,

I'm french, I completely agree with Leo.

Any news on this ???

Yan
nick
Maxi Forumor

Post by nick »

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We do have a new beta version of Sunlite Suite 2 (Jan 27 2017) now available in the downloads section of our website which contains bug fixes.
https://www.nicolaudie.com/download.htm

We are also working on a future release of Sunlite Suite which will be demoed and released this year.

Kind Regards,

Nick.
Nicolaudie Tech Support
johntankard

Post by johntankard »

Hi Nick,

I can't wait for the new version, and I am still testing version 2 to see if I like the work-flow, so far I do - I have one question, in Daslight there is a function like a master colour wheel where anything, e.g. floods, led par's and even discharge moving heads can all be colour controlled via a single colour wheel, the discarge moving heads can then show the colours available that are on the colour wheel in the head, not sure how the programming in the software acheives this but it does, and does it well - Can sunlite suite 2 do this or is it something that may be incorporated into the new version?

Cheers John