Fixture Configuration Advice

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

waynehaffenden
New Forumor

Fixture Configuration Advice

Post by waynehaffenden »

I'm a mobile DJ and am setting up the basics currently to SS2 and am wondering if there is a feature to allow for different fixture configurations? My full setup including room uplighting has over 20 fixtures but my smallest has just 2 and so if for example I've built a rainbow effect that goes through all fixtures but I'm only doing a setup with 4 then it's not going to look quite right. Is there a way in SS2 similar to fixture order that would allow me to set which fixtures are in use and for the programming to apply to just these? If it doesn't does anyone have any advice on the best way to go about this without lots of work or duplication?

Wayne
Superbaloo8
Experienced Forumor

Re: Fixture Configuration Advice

Post by Superbaloo8 »

Hi,

The only method I know to manage such behavior is to generate one full show, and to split it into several shows and adapt each show.

Or second possibility, to keep the same show, but manage it with Fixtures orders, which need all the time to be modified.

There are no easy way with Sunlite (known for myself)
Sunlite Suite 2
  • Interface Economy Class
  • Akai APC mini, Akai APC 40 mkII & Elation Midicon
LightJockey
  • @MixLightEvent (31) France
  • @Podium La Peña 31 (31) France
Spb8 Lighting - Sunlite Suite 2 Services
Forum Français Sunlite Suite
waynehaffenden
New Forumor

Re: Fixture Configuration Advice

Post by waynehaffenden »

Thanks for your advice, I didn't think it was possible as it's probably not a common request. I've played around with fixture order but sadly still doesn't do what I want as if fixtures are missing then the rainbow effect for example is still running over them even though they're not present.