[BUG] [Reproducible] [Known] - Position Palette and fixture with reverse pan/tilt

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

Superbaloo8
Experienced Forumor

[BUG] [Reproducible] [Known] - Position Palette and fixture with reverse pan/tilt

Post by Superbaloo8 »

Hello,

I've found a bug in Sunlite Suite 2 when you define a palette for position (pan/tilt) for a Moving Head, and this last is configure with "Reverse Pan + Reverse Tilt" from Sunlite Suite 2.

This is the scenario:
  1. Add a page with 2 moving head
  2. Reverse the pan and tilt for the 2nd moving head, let the first one "normal"
  3. Create a palette per device, and give a position (try to make a V with the 2 fixture)
    • From here, no issue, the moving head are following correctly their position, the "reverse" is well taken into account
  4. Now create a switch (or scene) and set the position thanks to the palette previously created
Awaiting Result:
- The moving head are in the same position as the palette

Actual Result:
- The moving head are not in the right position as the palette, the moving head with "Reverse Pan and Tilt" is in "normal" position, without the reverse effect applied.

If you came back to the palette edition, the position is well respected, and reverse well taken into account, but not into the switch :(

Edit: I forget to mention the version of SL2, it is the Beta from 13 February 2015
Last edited by Superbaloo8 on Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sunlite Suite 2
  • Interface Economy Class
  • Akai APC mini, Akai APC 40 mkII & Elation Midicon
LightJockey
  • @MixLightEvent (31) France
  • @Podium La Peña 31 (31) France
Spb8 Lighting - Sunlite Suite 2 Services
Forum Français Sunlite Suite
cbabbman
Junior Forumor

Re: [BUG] Position Palette and fixture with reverse pan/tilt

Post by cbabbman »

I reverse the X axis on my hanging fixtures in order to make positioning on the grid the same between floor mounted and hanging fixtures. Makes programming positions a whole lot easier for me.

I'm using 'Palette per fixture'. Everything works properly while editing the palette. Unfortunately, when you assign the pallet to a button, it acts as if the reverse x axis is being ignored.

This bug is present in both the latest beta and the previous one.

Is this something that is going to be addressed? Or am I missing something somewhere?
mtregael
Super Forumor

Post by mtregael »

Hi,

The problem is real.
I forward to the developper. :)

Edit 03-15-2016 02:57pm :
The developper has replied: It's a known bug. It seems to be a little hard to correct because the palettes order is important... but i don't know more about that.

Regards,
Gaël Rambaud
Light Designer and Technician
Sunlite Suite 2 and Suite 3 Beta / 7 universes (Suite2 FC + 4 artnet)
*** Freelance ***
gael (@) bloc-company.com
http://www.bloc-company.com
Superbaloo8
Experienced Forumor

Post by Superbaloo8 »

Hi,

Thanks Gaël for the feedback, much appreciated :)

The workaround found for the moment, is to set the reverse axis on the device directly instead of Sunlite.

But, the power of palette are so confortable, that when it will be corrected (with other palette crash where for the moment I didn't find the right scenario, maybe link when try to add icons, or if I have an editor opened), it will be wonderful ^^

Have a nice evening,

Sylvain
Sunlite Suite 2
  • Interface Economy Class
  • Akai APC mini, Akai APC 40 mkII & Elation Midicon
LightJockey
  • @MixLightEvent (31) France
  • @Podium La Peña 31 (31) France
Spb8 Lighting - Sunlite Suite 2 Services
Forum Français Sunlite Suite