Akai apc40 mk ii

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

Palood

Akai apc40 mk ii

Post by Palood »

Hi all.

I am using the sunlite suite 2 FC to control my fixtures and I want to control my scenes/switches via the midi controller Akai APC40 MK II.
When I try to activate a scene, the scene is changing but the button on the controller is still active. So I have to deactivate this button with a tap on it and then I can activate the scene again.
Do anyone knows a better solution? I want to see the button highlighted to know, which buttons are still active. But if they are still illuminated althought they are not active anymore, I am unhappy. And I don't want to set up each button as a flash button.

Thanks Tor you help :-)
Jan
Ben
Super Forumor

Re: Akai apc40 mk ii

Post by Ben »

Hi Jan,

Apologies I don't understand the your question fully, can you explain again in bullet points what the problem is? Please you be clear when giving details regarding the physical and virtual console buttons in Sunlite and the actual scene buttons. Also if you can give more details when your activation a scene from the midi and activation when clicking the mouse that would help.

If you could also send me your showfile with scene details so I can test here in the office.

Kind regards
Benno
--
Product Support
Superbaloo8
Experienced Forumor

Post by Superbaloo8 »

Hi,

From my side, it happened on Akai Mini APC, but from what I've read on this forum, there is a specific midi code to send to the controller to change the "internal program" function of Akai.

This last is pre-configured for Ableton, which doesn't work as "standard midi". The only solution for the moment, is to put the button as "Flash", with only "Note On", and not "Note On/Off" ... :(
Sunlite Suite 2
  • Interface Economy Class
  • Akai APC mini, Akai APC 40 mkII & Elation Midicon
LightJockey
  • @MixLightEvent (31) France
  • @Podium La Peña 31 (31) France
Spb8 Lighting - Sunlite Suite 2 Services
Forum Français Sunlite Suite
Superbaloo8
Experienced Forumor

Post by Superbaloo8 »

I retrieve where I found the information:

https://github.com/tunecrew/apc40-mode
mode can be 0, 1 or 2, corresponding to the following modes:

0 - Generic Mode
1 - Ableton Live Mode
2 - Alternate Ableton Live Mode
This can be achieved by sending MIDI SysEx (some explanation about that)
Sunlite Suite 2
  • Interface Economy Class
  • Akai APC mini, Akai APC 40 mkII & Elation Midicon
LightJockey
  • @MixLightEvent (31) France
  • @Podium La Peña 31 (31) France
Spb8 Lighting - Sunlite Suite 2 Services
Forum Français Sunlite Suite