Switch to copy channeloutput other fixture

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

sussudio

Switch to copy channeloutput other fixture

Post by sussudio »

How can I create a switch that just copies channeloutput from another fixture to the cuurent fixture?

Example: I have a ledpar and I want a switch that copies just the RGB output from a LedWash MH and if I select another swicth it will copy RGB output from a LedBeam MH (eg: the Ledpars have to have same color as another type of fixture when I press a button).

I know how to do this for DMX Input (just drag and drop the channel input), but cannot find the same for DMX Output.

@Nicolaudie : in the DMX Input screen we now see "Universe (input) 1" and "Universe (input) 2". Universe 1 is our output and Universe 2 is our input. Universe 1 is not showing any values at al, because it cannot be used as input and output at the same time. Why not just show the values of both universe 1 and 2 accoring to hardware config, regardless of whether it is input or output? That would make more sense to me (and solve my question as a bonus).
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Switch to copy channeloutput other fixture

Post by simonB »

Hi There

It's not possible to patch an output channel to a different output channel in live (like it is with DMX input). As you're probably aware this is possible within the page->patch window, but this is a permanent patch change. I'm afraid that if we implemented something like this, it could end up quite complicated. However I'll add it onto our list of ideas and we'll discuss it in future.

Regarding the DMX Levels window: the universes in Sunlite Suite 2 do not correspond with the XLR connectors on the DMX interface. Therefore it is possible to use input universe 1 and output universe 1 at the same time.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
sussudio

Re: Switch to copy channeloutput other fixture

Post by sussudio »

OK, so for now I just have to add another XLR cable connecting the output to the input as a workaround to get what I want.

It should not be so complicated to add this in software. Just add extra tabs for the output universes as well to the DMX levels window in button-edit and allow those channels to be used in the same way as the inputs. There already is a DMX levels window on the controller tab :-)

This would also be ideal to use in venues where their fixed fixtures should be added to our lightshow for part of the evening. Then I could softpatch these fixtures by a touch of a button to do the same as our own fixtures.