Tap through the steps in scenes manually by an key?...

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

HerrMann

Tap through the steps in scenes manually by an key?...

Post by HerrMann »

Hey Sunlite-users,
I have the Sunlite Suite 2 now for some days and program my first show (a live-show). First of all I like the handling of the software and the posibilities, it offers.
But, I have two questions.

1. Is it possible to tap through the steps in scene manually by an key? I like the BPM, but for some songs you must tap yourself, because the song has different parts...

2. (That isn´t so important.) Is it possible to play 2 scenes at one time? I now, that you can run switches while showing a scene, but is that possible too?

Thank you for answers HerrMann
(Please apologise my English, I´m no native speaker and from Germany.)
Ben
Super Forumor

Re: Tap through the steps in scenes manually by an key?...

Post by Ben »

Hi HerrMann,

Glad you're enjoying Sunlite!
1. Is it possible to tap through the steps in scene manually by an key? I like the BPM, but for some songs you must tap yourself, because the song has different parts...
It's not possible to tap through scenes manually but you can achieve the desired affect by using a Cycle. Create the separate switches or scenes for the different parts of you song then create a cycle while playing it. The link to the tutorial and manual are below.
http://manuals.nicolaudie.com/en/343-35 ... Sb9Aj6.htm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzM1rpW ... rF0wVm6-Z2
2. (That isn´t so important.) Is it possible to play 2 scenes at one time? I now, that you can run switches while showing a scene, but is that possible too?
You can't play 2 scenes at the same time on the same page, only switches as you already mentioned. Can I ask why you are wanting to do this instead of using switches?

Kind regards,
Benno
--
Product Support
HerrMann

Post by HerrMann »

Ben wrote:
It's not possible to tap through scenes manually but you can achieve the desired affect by using a Cycle. Create the separate switches or scenes for the different parts of you song then create a cycle while playing it. The link to the tutorial and manual are below.
http://manuals.nicolaudie.com/en/343-35 ... Sb9Aj6.htm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzM1rpW ... rF0wVm6-Z2
Year, I see your point and a Cycle shurely is a good option for some songs, but when the BMP is chancing while a song, without manual tapping you have no chance. I´m a little bit suprised, because I was realy shure, that it must be possible, because I think, many people whould like to do it and it isn´t so difficult for programming. Maybe it could be a new feature for the next update?
Ben wrote:
You can't play 2 scenes at the same time on the same page, only switches as you already mentioned. Can I ask why you are wanting to do this instead of using switches?
A good question. There is no good reason for this, I simply was interessted.

Thanks for the answers!
Ben
Super Forumor

Post by Ben »

Hi again,

Sorry I think I may have misread what you are wanting to do. Do want to tap between each step manually? Or do you want to tap a BPM, which can be done Sunlite Suite 2.

Let me know and I will try and help further
Benno
--
Product Support
HerrMann

Post by HerrMann »

I want to tap between each step.
When I tap the BPM, I must tap an tact, before it chanches. For slowly songs that doesn't look good.
Ben
Super Forumor

Post by Ben »

I must tap an tact, before it chanches
I really sorry not sure exactly what you mean, please could you explain it differently?

Kind regards,
Benno
--
Product Support