Major Problem

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

Ron12589

Major Problem

Post by Ron12589 »

April 2014 everything was working with Sun Suite 2 beta from Mar 21, 2013. Software loaded, communication with Suite 2 FC USB device was good, and lights were controlled. Today I fired up everything and lights aren't responding. USB device still says it is communicating with software, but lights don't respond. Seeing I've applied Microsoft updates to Win 7 Pro up to Service Pack 1 and Nicolaudie has more recent updates, I downloaded Oct 2014 version and installed. That version doesn't even communicate with USB device (but older Suite software still does).

I've got no time and a gig this weekend. What am I doing wrong??

Thanks!
mix
New Forumor

Re: Major Problem

Post by mix »

Don't know if I can help... but i try :)

Have u installed the up to date siudi driver? (they come with the installer)
Have u tried with the new February 2015 version?

Inside the sunlite folder, there's a software called "HardwareManager.exe", that if I remember well, could do test, and update firmware of the interface (maybe there's a firmware update to work with the new version)

Good luck ;)
Ron12589

Re: Major Problem

Post by Ron12589 »

Thanks for trying, but I found out it was something entirely different.

I isolated one DMX device and found that worked. Then I connected one of several legs of devices and found the problem. I noticed one DMX device wasn't in DMX mode. When I changed the address on that device, I was back in business. The device was used in a stand-alone mode and hadn't been set back to DMX upon return.