basic setup questions

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

Bridg

basic setup questions

Post by Bridg »

Hi,

Last week I started playing around with the Suite 2 software and have since bought a FC+ module.
I have everything setup to run off art-net and that is working fine.

My project is going to be a permanent install and the client simply wants to select buttons via an ipad and everything else is automated (from their perspective).
The fixtures are just straight RGB modules. There is no movement. There are 948 modules.
Part of why I am looking at using the S2 platform is the console editor. It is a great feature especially since it already has wireless control and feedback options!
I think the best for me is to program effects into switches as I need the effects to be exclusive.

My questions are in the programming of the switches.
>I have linked the color mixing to my console and it works beautifully until I edit a different switch (lets say effect x).
Once ive finished editing effect X I can see the link is still established between the ipad and the computer, but the lights are not reactive until I click on the color mixing via mouse.
After Ive clocked with the mouse the iPad control is restored.
What is happening and how to I ensure that the color mixing function works all the time every time?

>In order to use color and bounce effects better I have a few different fixture layouts that I want to employ and I have read there is a way to have multiple layouts per fixture.
However I havent been able to figure out how to setup multiple layouts for one fixture type. How do I do it?

Im sure I left out important info but I cant think of it right now. Please let me know what other info you need!

Thanks,
B
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: basic setup questions

Post by simonB »

Hi B
>I have linked the color mixing to my console and it works beautifully until I edit a different switch (lets say effect x).
E-mail me your .shw file and let me know which button is not triggering the effect and I'll check it out
>In order to use color and bounce effects better I have a few different fixture layouts that I want to employ and I have read there is a way to have multiple layouts per fixture.
This can be done with fixture order. More information about creating different fixture orders can be found here:
http://www.nicolaudie.com/online_manual ... Sb9Aj6.htm
Simon
--
Sales/Support