No fluent movement of scanner

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

Julian
New Forumor

No fluent movement of scanner

Post by Julian »

Dear Sunlite Team,

I´ve got actually a big problem with the movements of my Eurolite LED TSL- 400. The scanner are not moving fluent, I think they are acutally jumping from one point to the other. It´s definitely no Hardware Problem.
What could be the problem? I heard something of wrong DMX times for the Interface? I hope you could help me.

My second Problem are some new movingheads. These have got an own tempo channel. But this channel is actually inverse. That means if i switch the channel to max. the movingheads will be slow. Is it possible to change this in Sunlite?
Because acutally it´s really confusing if all devices will go fast if I raise my tempo fader, exept of this new one, because this will be fast with a low tempo fader...

Thanks a lot for your help
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: No fluent movement of scanner

Post by simonB »

I´ve got actually a big problem with the movements of my Eurolite LED TSL- 400. The scanner are not moving fluent,
Try to see if slower DMX timings fix the problem.
1- open hardware manager which can be found in the Suite2 directory
2- go to DMX input/output
3- write the Medium enchanced compatibility timings by selecting this preset from the combo box on the right for the appropriate universes

If this does not solve the problem, try moving the faders within the hardware manager. Is ths DMX smooth here? Also try dimming the light to see if the dimming is smooth or not
My second Problem are some new movingheads. These have got an own tempo channel. But this channel is actually inverse.
You can invert the output of a channel in the page settings. More info here:
http://www.nicolaudie.com/online_manual ... Sb9Aj6.htm
Simon
--
Sales/Support
Threadrag
Junior Forumor

Re: No fluent movement of scanner

Post by Threadrag »

It could be something else.

If you set up the scene by EasyTime using the Pan/Tilt effect, try to slow it down. Use a smaller circle or set higher intervall times. In EasyStep try the same fewer movements and more time. And check the scene's tempo knob

In my experience, the tempo fader has not much influence when it comes to EasyTime with Pan/Tilt effect. I have always set the tempo fader to max speed. Then I regular the speed over the tempo knob in Sunlite. When it comes only to few increases the moving head knows it and moves automaticly slower. I just need to find out the min/max speed values for each scene and it runs perfectly.