Assign midi slider control to direct dmx channel out, it`s p

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

nandopnl
New Forumor

Assign midi slider control to direct dmx channel out, it`s p

Post by nandopnl »

Hi,

Sorry if this question are answered before but I not find post to resolve it.
I have a one SUITE2-BC dmx interface and a korg nanokontrol2 midi controller.

I have seen that it is possible to assign the midi sliders to a dmx channel out or group of dmx channels in Sunlite Suite 1.

For instance, I want to control the focus dmx channels of my moving heads directly "bypassing" the suite2 software, taking priority for the midi control in "Live mode".

It is possible to do this with Suite 2?? I can`t find option for it. In negative case, how you do this?

Thank you!
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Assign midi slider control to direct dmx channel out, it

Post by simonB »

I'm afraid this is not really possible at the moment. It's on our to do list.

There is a work-around, it takes a while to set up but it's a solution for the time being:
-Load the Korg nano KONTROL 2 console by opening the console window, right clicking and selecting the console
-make a new switch, call it 'DMX Control Channel 1' for example
-add the 'dimmer min-max' property to the first dmx channel
-set your max fader value, then click the 'min' checkbox at the bottom of the fader and select your minimum value
-close and save the button
-shift+right click the button and select 'Link to console->Button DIMMER function', then move the fader on the nano kontrol 2
-repeat the 5 above steps for each channel you want to pair
-you can go inside the button settings and set the 'this button is always on' button and the 'always take priority' if you need it to always override
-you can compress all these buttons together by creating a common prefix on the button name, then going to the page settings->compression window and creating a new compression
-you can hide the buttons completely by clicking the 3rd icon along on the page General tab and selecting 'Layer Settings'
Simon
--
Sales/Support