How to select target channel in ScanLibrary Editor?

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

nandopnl
New Forumor

How to select target channel in ScanLibrary Editor?

Post by nandopnl »

Hi,

I'm creating a new fixture, Coef MP 300 Spot moving head, and cannot get to specify the "target channel" in channels with presets controlled by another channel, e.g.: the shutter channel ( ch01 of my fixture) has one preset (values 6 to 100) that are a dimmer, but controlled by the ch 12 (dimmer).

I've seen other SSL2 fixture of the superior moving head MP 700 Zoom that has specified "target channels" in channels with rotations: colors, gobos, and dimming cases, even if the source target channel is the same of the source channel (e.g.: ch02-Colors has presets with CW and CCW rotations, with target channel > 02).

Does anyone know how to get this?

Thank you.
mtregael
Super Forumor

Re: How to select target channel in ScanLibrary Editor?

Post by mtregael »

Hi,

I've tried some tests and i can't make scanlibray working as you hope... the manual is very poor about the links between channels.

So, after reading the MP300 Spot Manual (page 11 and 12), i don't think that link is so important.
As they say about channel 12: "Channel 1 at a value between 6 and 250, in order to control DIMMER whit this channel". And... Ch1, values 0-5 are closed shutter ... So, Ch12 is a general dimmer for all values of Ch1 greater than 5.

If i had to create this profile, i would create only normal channels: Ch1 name "Shutter", Ch1/0-5 = Closed preset, Ch1/6-100 = Open Dimmer preset and Ch12 name "Dimmer" with a Linear Dimmer preset... no need to link.

Regards,
GaËl
Gaël Rambaud
Light Designer and Technician
Sunlite Suite 2 and Suite 3 Beta / 7 universes (Suite2 FC + 4 artnet)
*** Freelance ***
gael (@) bloc-company.com
http://www.bloc-company.com
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Target channels for presets such as rotation and speed can be set by right clicking the preset and selecting 'Properties'

In cases where a channel has different presets depending on the value of a control channel, you need to use '2 preset mode'. The scan library editor only supports 2 different ranges of presets per channel, however the new version which we are finalising at the moment supports an unlimited amount.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
nandopnl
New Forumor

Post by nandopnl »

Thank you very much!