EasyShow crashes constantly

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

rabidzen

EasyShow crashes constantly

Post by rabidzen »

Hi there,

my band bought a Suite2 FC Interface so we can program our custom light show. We want to use EasyShow to play the lightshow synchronously to the backingtrack/clicktrack.
I hooked up 2 fixtures, created some scenes and switches and tried the whole thing out, it seemed great at first until EasyShow started crashing every 5-10 minutes. I have no idea why.
What could be the problem? I seriously hope I did something wrong...
I'm running the software on Win7 64bit.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks :)
Adam
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Re: EasyShow crashes constantly

Post by RichterMC »

Hi,

can you tell which version of Suite 2 software you are running.

Best
Gernot
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Send over a drop box link to your files including full system spec and we can check it out
Simon
--
Sales/Support
SublimeLighting
New Forumor

Post by SublimeLighting »

I have noticed during periods of heavy programming in Easy Show the program will crash after an extended period of time jumping around and shuttling on the timeline. Our show timelines contain as many as 25 different songs (audio tracks) as well as video, and heavy use of audio fading and dimmer fading. Although it is irritating it has never created a problem during an actual show. To stay on the safe side we completely reboot the computer and load the program fresh just prior to any actual performances.
Audiomuze
New Forumor

Post by Audiomuze »

Hi, I know this is a bit late, but I'm interested in this side of the software. I was running EasyShow extensively to program lighting shows for annual dancing concerts. All the music was tracks, so it seemed ideal. But I ended up having lots of problems with it. This was a couple of years ago, so the details are a bit hazy (I've since lost the gig). My memory is that it was crashing regularly, and/or there were issues with playback. I did post on this forum, and had email conversations with staff at Nicolaudie, they were very helpful and I appreciated their input, but at the end of the day their message was that the EasyShow part of the software was old code, and would need updating, but this wasn't on their immediate agenda. Now as I said, this was all a couple of years ago, and they may well have done that updating (I haven't used EasyShow since), but then again they may not have.

EasyShow was one of the main reasons I bought Sunlite, and I have to say I was a little annoyed to find out that it didn't work reliably. It's a brilliant concept and works really well in a situation like mine - programming lights to fixed-length music tracks.

My apologies to Sunlite if they've since updated this part of the software package, I mean no disrespect. But this is such a useful part of the package (more useful to me than using 'cycles') it would be great if it was working reliably enough to use it in a professional situation. Has it been updated?