Pan Speed and Tilt speed fields in Scanlibrary

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

pperpot
Junior Forumor

Pan Speed and Tilt speed fields in Scanlibrary

Post by pperpot »

Dear support team,

I would like to know how to set correctly the "pan speed" and "tilt speed" fields in Scanlibrary.
Some of my fixtures are moving faster than the others. I suppose i need to modify theses fields in my fixtures profiles but :

1°) What does "pan speed" represent exactly ? How do i measure it ? Is it the time needed to go from 0 degree to 540 degree ? (same question with "tilt speed")

2°) Do i need to consider my slowest fixture as my reference and set the others fixture profile according to it ?

Thank you in advance for your support
Best regards,
Olivier
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Pan Speed and Tilt speed fields in Scanlibrary

Post by simonB »

1°) What does "pan speed" represent exactly ? How do i measure it ? Is it the time needed to go from 0 degree to 540 degree ? (same question with "tilt speed")
Yes, also check for any speed channel types or presets as this will also affect the speed
2°) Do i need to consider my slowest fixture as my reference and set the others fixture profile according to it ?
The fixtures can move instantly if the value is set to 0, so the reference is 0.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
pperpot
Junior Forumor

Re: Pan Speed and Tilt speed fields in Scanlibrary

Post by pperpot »

Thank you for your support
simonB wrote:Yes, also check for any speed channel types or presets as this will also affect the speed
So, if I understand correctly, I need to measure the time the fixture need to go from 0 degree to 540 degree with a chronometer in order to set the pan speed value.
Then I need to repeat this process to measure the tilt speed from 0 to 270 degree. (I also need to check where is the chronometer in my Iphone ;-))

1) Is this correct ?

2) Could you give me an example of a channel that modify the pan/tilt speed ? I have no idea of what I have to check apart from pan/tilt channels.
simonB wrote:The fixtures can move instantly if the value is set to 0, so the reference is 0.
3) What happens if i set a greater value than the one really needed by the fixture ? Does it slow down the fixture movement ?

4) Are theses fields values used only for the 3D visualizer or are they also use for another purpose ?

Thank you in advance,
Best regards,
Olivier