MIDI controller with multiple pages

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

steen4sun
Junior Forumor

MIDI controller with multiple pages

Post by steen4sun »

Hi
Got akai ldp8 midi controller.
Controller got 4 pages, meaning that each knob/buttom can send 4 diffent "midi messages", depending on pages selection
I was unable to understand/create *one* midicontroller in sunlite making these multiple pages to work :-(

So as a workaround I thought that :

create a special lpd8 setup, where each knob on *each* page controls its own "midi message".
Then I will create four lpd8 controller setups in sunlite reflecting these four logical controllers.
Then I will configure the sunlite with these 4 logical MIDI controllers, which is physical one controller,

Does that look as a ok plan ?
TIA
Steen
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: MIDI controller with multiple pages

Post by simonB »

Yes this is the best solution. Normally to set this up you would create a set of 'Group' buttons. You can then assign your components to different groups and have them send different messages depending on the selected group. The problem with the LDP8 is that the group functionality is already being used because each button can send a Note, CC or PGM change message. Therefore the pages on the LDP8 act as a group within a group so the only option is to create separate consoles for each LDP8 page.
Simon
--
Sales/Support