[feature request] Right-click Select button

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

racso
New Forumor

[feature request] Right-click Select button

Post by racso »

Dear Nicolaudi / SimonB.

I'm a advanced user of Sunlight 2,
But i'm missing a (old ?) feature in sunlight,
I'm working with the BCF2000, and in the previous version of sunlight it was possible to select a button ( Without Activate 'm ).
This option was useful for Selecting a button so my faders programmed on 'on selected button' jumped to that button.

But maby you can program the option that is is more usefull then above solution, for the following situation:

i'm using a Touchscreen, and the BCF2000 midicontroller,
i'm having a page with Scanners and moving heads, with the default buttons and Custom buttons, buttons in the groups 'Moving Patterns', 'Colors', 'Gobo's' etc.
The first fader on the Controller i'm using for the speed of the moving pattern of the Scanner.
I like the possibility for have a latest using speed of a specified pattern, so i mapped the fader to button speed, and not to page speed. ( With the function Speed, with a specified page, and the 'selected button' )
But when i click on a Color button to change the color, my fader jumps to the speed of the color ( what not exists ), and i 'loose' the control of the speed of the pattern.
in the previous the solution was to right-click with a external mouse on the button so the fader was 're-mapped'.

The previous solution is a solution, but i'm thinking of a better solution.
That it will be possible to map a fader/midi channel to a 'button group' like all @@@moving_buttons and if a button with this parameter or so, is clicked the fader is mapped to the speed or dimmer of this group.
but if i clicked on a Color/Gobo/Shutter or other button, the mapping/fader is untouched.

This will provide that a Fader/midi channel is always mapped to a moving button ( like master speed ) but including the feedback of the fader ( so i can see on my controller directly what speed that button has ).

I Hope i was clearly enough, because my English is not so good as i want to, ( i'm from Holland/The Netherlands )

If you need more explanation of the problem / feature request i can take all the time for further explanation.

Kind Regards,
Daan
Club Racso
The Netherlands
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: [feature request] Right-click Select button

Post by simonB »

in the previous version of sunlight it was possible to select a button ( Without Activate 'm ).
This is posisble. Shift + right click the button and select 'button selection' instead of 'button activation'
when i click on a Color button to change the color, my fader jumps to the speed of the color ( what not exists )
this will be because the command is set to control the speed of the 'selected button' instead of the speed of the 'moving pattern' button
That it will be possible to map a fader/midi channel to a 'button group' like all @@@moving_buttons
Mapping a command to the property of a button included in a compression is on our to do list!
Simon
--
Sales/Support