Suite 2 on Mac Book Pro with Parallels

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

Key9master

Suite 2 on Mac Book Pro with Parallels

Post by Key9master »

Hi, seen a couple of threats related to Sunlite 2 in combination with a Mac Book Pro and Parallels.
In fact, I have just purchased the latest Sunlite 2 FC whilst planning to hook it up on my 15' Mac Book Pro, Retina Display and 16 GB of RAM through Parallels.
Also seen that Bootcamp is the preferred option (which I do not use in fact) and Parallels is not the preferred option.
Anyway, these were threats from the past 2 years or so with the latest seen in May 2013..
Finally the questions:
Any changes to the previous threats in terms of Parallels now being fully supported?
If not, what are the plans towards full Parallels support and when can it be expected?

Thanks
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Suite 2 on Mac Book Pro with Parallels

Post by simonB »

Some users have successfully installed Suite2 with vmware, you need to make sure that you're using the windows driver for the USB interface and a bridge connection is made for the network in virtual machine settings.

I run suite2 on a macbook pro retina with bootcamp without any issues
Simon
--
Sales/Support
Key9master

Post by Key9master »

Thanks Simon

In fact, the SUITE 2 package arrived. I did use WIN drivers with the install routine. Result is that SUITE 2 works with my system (described b4).
Within the SUITE 2 screen, some characters are truncated though, so it is a bit difficult to read the text associated to a given icon etc.
Did not try yet with an external and larger screen compared to the 15 inch Retina on board screen.
However, from a functional perspective, few features tested so far worked nicely, triggering a very small setup so far. So, quite happy with the product.

cheers Frank
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Hey Frank

Check your windows display settings, sometimes windows will use the full retina resolution and then zoom the text which can cause truncation. It may be better to use a lower resolution with the zoomed text set to 100%. You might not get the nice clean lines but at least you'll be able to see all the text
Simon
--
Sales/Support
Key9master

Post by Key9master »

Hi Simon

yep, changing resolution settings worked out for me, thanks.

cheers
Frank
NorthEndSound

Post by NorthEndSound »

We have been using Suite 2 on Windows 7 through Parallels 9 in Mavericks very successfully with one exception: I lost my ability to connect our iPad through EasyRemote when we simultaneously upgraded to Parallels 9 and Mavericks. I know we're supposed to have a bridged network but so far I can't find any network settings that work. Does anyone have any suggestions or screenshots of what they've done to make this work?